kayak XE-s WinXP sound drivers

Does anybody have audio drivers for the Kayak sound function? HP only has
Win95 drivers. They won't install ! It turns out that they wouldn't anyway
because 95 and 98 drivers won't work with XP. Maybe there is a driver for
the obsolete AD1816 chip. please help! I'm too cheap to buy a new sound
card. :(

On the seventh day, james-c wrote...

> Does anybody have audio drivers for the Kayak sound function? HP only has
> Win95 drivers. They won't install ! It turns out that they wouldn't anyway
> because 95 and 98 drivers won't work with XP. Maybe there is a driver for
> the obsolete AD1816 chip. please help! I'm too cheap to buy a new sound
> card. :(

There is a driver archive at driverguide or other driver download centers.
Just do a search for 1816 xp driver and you're set.

My Visualize X550 also has an AD1816a and is running XP flawlessly.

If you go on with this nuclear arms race, all you are going to
do is make the rubble bounce. - Sir Winston Leonard Spencer
Churchill

On the seventh day, Christian Dürrhauer wrote...

> On the seventh day, james-c wrote...
>
>> Does anybody have audio drivers for the Kayak sound function? HP only has
>> Win95 drivers. They won't install ! It turns out that they wouldn't anyway
>> because 95 and 98 drivers won't work with XP. Maybe there is a driver for
>> the obsolete AD1816 chip. please help! I'm too cheap to buy a new sound
>> card. :(
>
> There is a driver archive at driverguide or other driver download centers.
> Just do a search for 1816 xp driver and you're set.
>
> My Visualize X550 also has an AD1816a and is running XP flawlessly.

For all of you searching for the AD1816 driver:
Please check http://www.windowsxp-drivers.com/drivers/54/54912.htm.

Country song: You Were Only A Splinter As I Slid Down The
Banister Of Life