wi_fuzzy

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2003
Am i the only one who feels screwed by Asus.I could have bought a P4P800 and saved $100.The part that ticks me off is that they obisouly knew,they just didn't say anything about it.They'll say Intel was to blame.The simple fact is they misrepresented thier products.These 2 boards are virtually identicle in performance and should have been marketed like that from the start.This was not going to be a secret for long and they knew it.They just waited for someone to figure it out and now they will sit back and blame intel.OK...rant over.Thoughts anyone...?

TKH

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2002
Mate, no offence, you should be aware that Springdale is going to be released soon after Canterwood. If you say,"Uhh, nobody told me that." Then you deserved to be ripped off. Nobody is keeping secret that Springdale is almost identical to Canterwood beside ECC and some on board extra goodies. If you are refering to the PAT enabled Springdale, well, IMHO if Asus said anything about this before the release of Springdale what do you think Intel will do to them? There is an opened discussion on this issue just recently, and most agree that there should be no sympathy to those who so impatiently rush for Canterwood and then complaining Springdale will do the same job with cheaper price. Ok, may be I'm too harsh but really there is no one to blame.

It is morally wrong to allow suckers to keep their money
<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=22996" target="_new">My System Rig</A>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
No, only an idiot would blame Asus for that. Think about it, who would pay that $100? I mean, look at the Abit IC7 and IS7, there's a $35 difference between them. $35, not $100.

But there are a few dim-witted cons out there trying to compare prices of the IC7-G to the IS7, ignoring the fact that the IC7-G has a lot more features than than the IS7.

Are you one of those dim-witted cons? I see the price difference between the P4C800 Deluxe and P4P800 Deluxe is around $40. Not $100. Unless your comparing a Deluxe board to a Non-Deluxe board, as mentioned in the IC7-G/IC7/IS7 example.

Even then, the difference is only $60 between the P4C800 Deluxe and P4P800 standard! $20 for features, $40 for chipset! Unless you're comparing 2 week old P4C800 Deluxe prices to current P4P800 Deluxe prices. Then you see a $100 difference, but that's the price you pay to get the latest and greatest! Nearly all hardware is overpriced at release, there is now only a $40. So STFU.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>

pitsi

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2003
Everyone knew that Springdale was going to be released a little bit after Canterwood. What did you expect Asus to say? "Here is our new P4C800 board using the latest chipset from Intel (Canterwood), but wait because we will be releasing a new mobo soon with a cheaper chipset (Springdale) but similar performance"? I think that this was your mistake and you should not try and blame someone else. Their job is to make profit, your job is to make the right decision! There is nobody to blame but you for the fact that you rushed out to get the latest and most expensive product, without waiting for a couple of weeks, when also everybody knew that Springdale was around the corner, ready to be released.

G

ASUS has supplied to the market an 865 equipped Mobo with 875 timings without the 875 chipset with exception being ECC.

Have you been ripped off?

Only you know.

Seems like ASUS is making a habit out of this, now releasing features such as this on their 865 which incidently for the price I would consider is not a bottom end board. I have never been an ASUS fan even though I use their product.

As for Intel, they are allowed to make patents and can release chipsets to the commodity market as they see fit. Only a naive would complain about this strategy.

I'd like to highlight that I consider both the P4P800 and P4C800 upmarket Mobo's.

shadus

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2003
and you are right for the most part, he's being a whiner basically and bitching because he adopted the technology so early that no one could have predicted the performance of the springdale boards.

wah.

Shadus

G

LOL, speech has never been so good.

And watch the price/performance ratio fall before you get the object out of the box.

wi_fuzzy

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2003
So u guys think what is going on is good buisness...man i wish i could sell you guys stuff.Intel knew from the get go that the chipsets would perform the same...Asus knew probably for a month or more that the performance would be the same....look around the web,you'll have no trouble finding review after review saying that pat is not supported by the 865.So what is it....review sites are run by a bunch of idiots..or they were not told the whole truth(which in the real world is called lying)As for the $100 thing I was pissed and didn't do any homework on the price..lets just say i payed more than i needed to....and i could have gotten either board...and i read the reviews,alot of good that did me.I know I'm wasting my time here...but what the hell,it's my time to waste.Ok...slam away