I-77 connection

.... I am about to make a road trip along I-77 North from Statesville, NC. to
Cleveland - how is Verizon along that route?? TIA

Dudhorse <nondigital@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> ... I am about to make a road trip along I-77 North from Statesville, NC. to
> Cleveland - how is Verizon along that route?? TIA

Verizon rocks all the way from Cleveland to Dover/New Philly. Then you
SHOULD acquire Alltel digital, at least one would think, although a year or
two ago Verizon phones roamed on AT&T analog.

Actually, reverse that - from Charleston, West Virginia it'll probably be
mostly roaming on Alltel, then once you hit Dover/New Philadelphia you're
on Verizon's Cleveland network until trip's end.

Last time I drove that route was 97 and I had a GTE phone, so I can't comment
on the other parts of the trip.