Win2000 install, missing operating system

Hi,
I was running Win98 and Mandrake with lilo bootloader.
Partition C-Win98, D-storage, E-Linux.
I formatted C to replace Win98 with 2000, the installer copies the files to
the HD but on reboot I get 'missing operating system' error.

I have fdisk /mbr, deleting and reformatting with FAT32 but there is no
difference.

Any help appreciated,
Rick

On Sun, 3 Apr 2005 11:14:57 +0100, R D S wrote:

> Hi,
> I was running Win98 and Mandrake with lilo bootloader.
> Partition C-Win98, D-storage, E-Linux.
> I formatted C to replace Win98 with 2000, the installer copies the files to
> the HD but on reboot I get 'missing operating system' error.
>
> I have fdisk /mbr, deleting and reformatting with FAT32 but there is no
> difference.
>
> Any help appreciated,
> Rick

Sounds like you missed some steps needed to keep the boot loader in charge
of everything. Also, you've taken a wrong turn and ended up in the
WindowsXP newsgroups. While similar to Win2000, it's not the same operating
system and has different caveats for various install scenarios. You'll want
to redirect your questions to a Win2000 group and probably to a newsgroup
that covers LILO as well.

For Win2000 setup questions:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.win2000.setup&cat=en_US_376ffa25-aab0-447c-b07a-3fe46000c776&lang=en&cr=US

--