How to login as the Administrator?

I am only one who uses my computer. I tried to set a password for a
program.

>You will be required to login as the Administrator when using this software
>with Windows XP.

I have never logged in as the administrator. Could someone tell me how to
start/do Windows XP as administrator. Sarusan
5 answers Last reply
More about login administrator

    macho wrote:
    > I am only one who uses my computer. I tried to set a password for a
    > program.
    >
    >> You will be required to login as the Administrator when using this
    >> software with Windows XP.
    >
    > I have never logged in as the administrator. Could someone tell me
    > how to start/do Windows XP as administrator. Sarusan

    What OS? Home or Pro?
    Any administrative level user should work fine.

    --
    <- Shenan ->

    WinXP Pro is OS.
    I tried as usual (i..e, logged in as usual my name and my password). But
    the software did not work.
    So, now I forgot the login name for my WinXP because it was installed when I
    was using diaper:-)
    Could you please tell me where/how to find my log in name as administrator?

    TIA. Craig

    macho wrote:
    > WinXP Pro is OS.
    > I tried as usual (i..e, logged in as usual my name and my password). But
    > the software did not work.
    > So, now I forgot the login name for my WinXP because it was installed
    > when I was using diaper:-)
    > Could you please tell me where/how to find my log in name as
    > administrator?

    At the welcome screen (assuming you have one) press the key combination:

    CTRL+ALT+DEL

    twice in a row. Then enter (as the username):

    administrator

    And whatever password you setup when you installed.

    Don't recall that password?

    Hack your password:
    http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html

    Another:
    http://www.thomasmathiesen.com/itak/html/software.html

    --
    <- Shenan ->

    >> administrator?
    >
    > At the welcome screen (assuming you have one) press the key combination:
    >
    > CTRL+ALT+DEL
    >
    > twice in a row. Then enter (as the username):
    >
    > administrator

    When I pressed "CTRL+ALT+DEL", it prompted Windows Task Manager.
    I repeated a few times, I am getting the same task manager.

    Craig

    Macho wrote:
    > When I pressed "CTRL+ALT+DEL", it prompted Windows Task Manager.
    > I repeated a few times, I am getting the same task manager.

    You missed the most important part...

    "At the welcome screen (assuming you have one)..."

    Meaning before you log on or after you log off..

    --
    <- Shenan ->

Login Windows XP