How to login as the Administrator?

I am only one who uses my computer. I tried to set a password for a
program.

>You will be required to login as the Administrator when using this software
>with Windows XP.

I have never logged in as the administrator. Could someone tell me how to
start/do Windows XP as administrator. Sarusan

macho wrote:
> I am only one who uses my computer. I tried to set a password for a
> program.
>
>> You will be required to login as the Administrator when using this
>> software with Windows XP.
>
> I have never logged in as the administrator. Could someone tell me
> how to start/do Windows XP as administrator. Sarusan

What OS? Home or Pro?
Any administrative level user should work fine.

--
<- Shenan ->

WinXP Pro is OS.
I tried as usual (i..e, logged in as usual my name and my password). But
the software did not work.
So, now I forgot the login name for my WinXP because it was installed when I
was using diaper:)
Could you please tell me where/how to find my log in name as administrator?

TIA. Craig

macho wrote:
> WinXP Pro is OS.
> I tried as usual (i..e, logged in as usual my name and my password). But
> the software did not work.
> So, now I forgot the login name for my WinXP because it was installed
> when I was using diaper:)
> Could you please tell me where/how to find my log in name as
> administrator?

At the welcome screen (assuming you have one) press the key combination:

CTRL+ALT+DEL

twice in a row. Then enter (as the username):

administrator

And whatever password you setup when you installed.

Don't recall that password?

Hack your password:
http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html

Another:
http://www.thomasmathiesen.com/itak/html/software.html

--
<- Shenan ->

>> administrator?
>
> At the welcome screen (assuming you have one) press the key combination:
>
> CTRL+ALT+DEL
>
> twice in a row. Then enter (as the username):
>
> administrator

When I pressed "CTRL+ALT+DEL", it prompted Windows Task Manager.
I repeated a few times, I am getting the same task manager.

Craig

Macho wrote:
> When I pressed "CTRL+ALT+DEL", it prompted Windows Task Manager.
> I repeated a few times, I am getting the same task manager.

You missed the most important part...

"At the welcome screen (assuming you have one)..."

Meaning before you log on or after you log off..

--
<- Shenan ->