some people i send e-mails to do not get my attachments while others do. i've
tried sending them to myself first and i get them o.k. who's got the problem,
me or the other guy and how do i go about correcting this? thanks!

Dee

Hi there...
Tell those who are not receiving the attatchments to check their preferences or
options within their email readers. It appears obvious that if some are getting
them and others aren't, the problem is not yours but those who cannot see or
receive them.
Take Care...
Dee

--
Say not, 'I have found the truth,' but rather, 'I have found a truth.'
Kahlil Gibran (1883 - 1931)

In news:F8B89FDE-5383-4228-B153-C42E09B39E38@microsoft.com,
sonja <sonja@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> some people i send e-mails to do not get my attachments while
> others
> do. i've tried sending them to myself first and i get them o.k.
> who's
> got the problem, me or the other guy and how do i go about
> correcting
> this? thanks!

Almost certainly "the other guy," and there's nothing *you* can
do to correct it.

But what do you mean when you say "do not get my attachments." Do
they, for example, get a message that Outlook Express has blocked
access to the attachment?

If so, they have the OE default set. It blocks access to any
attachment which *could* contain a virus. They can turn it off by
going to Tools | Options, and on the security tab, unchecking "Do
not allow attachments..." But they should be aware that opening
attachments can be very risky (not all come from you, and even
those that do come from you aren't necessarily safe; I'm sure you
wouldn't purposely send them a virus, but you could be infected
without realizing it).

Please reply to the newsgroup

Gordon

sonja wrote:
> some people i send e-mails to do not get my attachments while others do. i've
> tried sending them to myself first and i get them o.k. who's got the problem,
> me or the other guy and how do i go about correcting this? thanks!
What email client are you using, and what client is your recipient using?;

Gordon Burgess-Parker
Director
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

"sonja" <sonja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>some people i send e-mails to do not get my attachments while others do. i've
>tried sending them to myself first and i get them o.k. who's got the problem,
>me or the other guy and how do i go about correcting this? thanks!

If your attachments arrive at some addresses and do not arrive at
others, this is usually be caused by a problem at the side of the
users which do not get the data. They may sit behind a firewall or
spam blocker which filters attachments.

--
(tm)