startup URGENT HELP...

i'm the administrator on this computer and the problem is that everytime i
start the PC the welcome screen appears and i have to click on my name in
order to log on...
What i want is: whenever i start the PC i want to be logged on automatically
whithout having to click on my name (skip the welcome screen..) so that the
computer starts directly after turning it on..
thank you in advance for your help!

Hi j.louis,

Follow the instructions here:
http://mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/welskip.php

Regards,

--
Patti MacLeod
Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

"j.louis" <jlouis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i'm the administrator on this computer and the problem is that everytime i
> start the PC the welcome screen appears and i have to click on my name in
> order to log on...
> What i want is: whenever i start the PC i want to be logged on
automatically
> whithout having to click on my name (skip the welcome screen..) so that
the
> computer starts directly after turning it on..
> thank you in advance for your help!

null

j.louis wrote:
> i'm the administrator on this computer and the problem is that everytime i
> start the PC the welcome screen appears and i have to click on my name in
> order to log on...
> What i want is: whenever i start the PC i want to be logged on automatically
> whithout having to click on my name (skip the welcome screen..) so that the
> computer starts directly after turning it on..
> thank you in advance for your help!

Start > Run > control userpasswords2

Remove the checkmark forcing users to login

posted here. No warranty, express or implied, is given with the posting
of this message.

What makes this "URGENT"? It is a meer annoyance. Sounds to me like you are
just lazy. Also you think the world should stop until you get this little
annoyance solved! You are number one. Everyone should take a back seat to you
and YOUR desires.Of course you could be a CEO of some company and this is
your normal way of thinking - ME FIRST. (-:

Grow UP!

"j.louis" wrote:

> i'm the administrator on this computer and the problem is that everytime i
> start the PC the welcome screen appears and i have to click on my name in
> order to log on...
> What i want is: whenever i start the PC i want to be logged on automatically
> whithout having to click on my name (skip the welcome screen..) so that the
> computer starts directly after turning it on..
> thank you in advance for your help!

pj

"Falcon" <Falcon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What makes this "URGENT"? It is a meer annoyance. Sounds to me like you are
> just lazy. Also you think the world should stop until you get this little
> annoyance solved! You are number one. Everyone should take a back seat to you
> and YOUR desires.Of course you could be a CEO of some company and this is
> your normal way of thinking - ME FIRST. (-:
>
> Grow UP!

I know there is a write-up for presenting a good post.
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm It is often referenced here
by the MVPs. Now, is there one for the replies??

This is just plain RUDE and an uncalled for slam.
Your last line said it all and is advice that you should follow.

"Patti MacLeod"

Welcome back!

Ron Chamberlin
MS-MVP