I never thought I'd be saying this...

Last response: in Video Games
June 7, 2005 6:30:51 PM

I need something to keep me interested. I've made almost every conceivable
character, and numerous inconceivable ones, and enjoyed thenm all
thoroughly. But the only thing I can see keeping me with the game right now
is a major find.

I'm talking Vex and up, or an elite unique of uberness that I've never
found. Tal's armor. a BK ring, Mav's bow/hat, anything. And no, gifts won't
do it.

So why am I posting this? Iunno. Partly because it might stimulate
conversation. Partly because I want to beat misfit. Partly because I want a
group game again.

So let's make a list of the items we've never found.

Mav's armor
Mav's Bow
Mav's Hat
Tal's Armor
BK ring
SoJ
Mara's
Gull
Tyrael's Might
Azurewrath phase
Death's Fathom
Nightwing's
Kira's
Wisp Projector
Cold facet
Any part of Gris Set that isn't the armor
HoZ
Halaberd's
Alma Negra
Steel Shade
Glad Bane (and I want one SOOOO bad)
Steel Carapace
Steelrend
Dracul's
Shadow Dancer
Death Cleaver
Grandfather
Lacerator
Death's Web
Boneshade
Astreon's
Fleshripper
Stormlash
Wraith Flight
Gargoyle's Bite

Not a huge list. Anyone else?

--
Convention says my name, along with a witticism or poignant quote, should go
here.

More about : thought

Anonymous
June 7, 2005 6:30:52 PM

"Chris Lansdell" <lansdellicious@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I need something to keep me interested. I've made almost every conceivable
> character, and numerous inconceivable ones, and enjoyed thenm all
> thoroughly. But the only thing I can see keeping me with the game right
now
> is a major find.
>
> I'm talking Vex and up, or an elite unique of uberness that I've never
> found. Tal's armor. a BK ring, Mav's bow/hat, anything. And no, gifts
won't
> do it.
>
> So why am I posting this? Iunno. Partly because it might stimulate
> conversation. Partly because I want to beat misfit. Partly because I want
> group game again.
>
> So let's make a list of the items we've never found.
>
> Mav's armor - multiples
> Mav's Bow - 0
> Mav's Hat - 0
> Tal's Armor 1
> BK ring - 2
> SoJ - 2
> Mara's - 1
> Gull - dagger?? Lots
> Tyrael's Might - 0
> Azurewrath phase - 0
> Death's Fathom - 0
> Nightwing's - 0
> Kira's - 0
> Wisp Projector - 0
> Cold facet - 0
> Any part of Gris Set that isn't the armor - same here
> HoZ - 1
> Halaberd's - 1
> Alma Negra - multiple
> Steel Shade - 0
> Glad Bane (and I want one SOOOO bad) - 2 why do you want one? They suxor,
IMO
> Steel Carapace - don't remember
> Steelrend - 1
> Dracul's - 1 or 2
> Shadow Dancer - 1
> Death Cleaver - 0
> Grandfather - 0
> Lacerator - 1
> Death's Web - 0
> Boneshade - 1
> Astreon's - 0
> Fleshripper - 2
> Stormlash - 0
> Wraith Flight - 1
> Gargoyle's Bite - 1

short

June 7, 2005 10:06:27 PM

Chris Lansdell wrote:
> I need something to keep me interested. I've made almost every
> conceivable character, and numerous inconceivable ones, and enjoyed
> thenm all thoroughly. But the only thing I can see keeping me with
> the game right now is a major find.
>
> I'm talking Vex and up, or an elite unique of uberness that I've never
> found. Tal's armor. a BK ring, Mav's bow/hat, anything. And no, gifts
> won't do it.

Well, I have.....oh, no gifts. If you change your mind I have full Tal's and
Mav's sets I don't use.

> So why am I posting this? Iunno. Partly because it might stimulate
> conversation. Partly because I want to beat misfit. Partly because I
> want a group game again.

(Watch out. Thread hijacking ahead)

This reminds me, how did the Necromancer team fare? Too bad I wasn't around
to play, the one or two games I did play in were a riot.

> So let's make a list of the items we've never found.
>
> Mav's armor
> Mav's Bow

Found that (from a normal monster, no less)

> Mav's Hat

Found that too (did less than 10 Baal runs with this specific item in mind
:D  )

> Tal's Armor

Here's another I found.

> BK ring
> SoJ

And another.

> Mara's
> Gull
> Tyrael's Might
> Azurewrath phase
> Death's Fathom
> Nightwing's
> Kira's
> Wisp Projector
> Cold facet
> Any part of Gris Set that isn't the armor

Think I have the hat.

> HoZ
> Halaberd's
> Alma Negra

Might have found that one too, not sure. Pally stuff don't really interest
me.

> Steel Shade
> Glad Bane (and I want one SOOOO bad)
> Steel Carapace
> Steelrend
> Dracul's
> Shadow Dancer
> Death Cleaver
> Grandfather
> Lacerator
> Death's Web
> Boneshade
> Astreon's
> Fleshripper

Found this one too.

> Stormlash
> Wraith Flight
> Gargoyle's Bite
>
> Not a huge list. Anyone else?

The list of items I never found is probably a lot bigger than this one.

Devast8or
June 8, 2005 12:10:55 AM

Snip Snip

> Well, I have.....oh, no gifts. If you change your mind I have full Tal's
> and
> Mav's sets I don't use.

I just recently moved from Europe to West SC Ladder, so if you really want
to get rid of the Tal set, I will be more than willing to help you :)

But I'm online in odd hours, as I live in Denmark.

Let me know

Regards

Thomas
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 12:33:37 AM

Chris Lansdell schrieb:
> So let's make a list of the items we've never found.

Ok, I join in

Carrion Wind
Wisp Projector
Seraph's Hymn
Metalgrid
Firelizard's Talons
Darkforce Spawn
Halaberd's Reign
Death's Fathom
Ravenlore
Dragonscale
Steel Shade
Andariel's Visage
Crown of Ages
Arkaine's Valor (D1 doesn't count, right?)
Steel Carapace
Templar's Might
Tyrael's Might
Head Hunter's Glory
Steelrend
Dracul's Grasp
Soul Drainer
Marrowwalk
Shadow Dancer
Arachnid Mesh
Death Cleaver
Executioner's Justice
Eaglehorn
Windforce
Gut Siphon
Stormlash
Schaefer's Hammer
Earth Shifter
The Cranium Basher
Ondal's Wisdom
Mang Song's Lesson
Boneshade
Death's Web
Aldur's Deception
Griswold's Redemption
Griswold's Honor
M'avina's True Sight
Natalya's Mark
Different variants of Rainbow Facets
Ohm
(A Lo dropped for me a few weeks ago)
Sur
Ber
(I found a Jah during the massive cowing in 1.09)
Cham
Zod

---
Hannes
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 1:08:31 AM

Thomas (6100) wrote:
> Snip Snip
>>
>> Well, I have.....oh, no gifts. If you change your mind I have full
>> Tal's and
>> Mav's sets I don't use.
>>

> I just recently moved from Europe to West SC Ladder, so if you really
> want to get rid of the Tal set, I will be more than willing to help
> you :)
>
> But I'm online in odd hours, as I live in Denmark.
>
> Let me know
>
> Regards
>
> Thomas

One full Tal's set is yours. And don't worry about the time, I live in DK
too :D

Skal vi sige kl. 21 imorgen onsdag? Spilnavn/pwd er agd//agd.

Devast8or
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 2:02:55 AM

"Devast8or" <invalid@invalid.invalid> skrev i en meddelelse
> Thomas (6100) wrote:
>> Snip Snip
>>>
>>> Well, I have.....oh, no gifts. If you change your mind I have full
>>> Tal's and
>>> Mav's sets I don't use.
>>>

>> I just recently moved from Europe to West SC Ladder, so if you really
>> want to get rid of the Tal set, I will be more than willing to help
>> you :)
>>
>> But I'm online in odd hours, as I live in Denmark.
>>
>> Let me know
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Thomas
>
> One full Tal's set is yours. And don't worry about the time, I live in DK
> too :D
>
> Skal vi sige kl. 21 imorgen onsdag? Spilnavn/pwd er agd//agd.
>
> Devast8or

Thank you

Tak, men imorgen passer dårligt, hvad med torsdag kl. 21.00?

Thomas
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 2:30:46 AM

Thomas (6100) wrote:

> Thank you
>
> Tak, men imorgen passer dårligt, hvad med torsdag kl. 21.00?
>
> Thomas

Ok, det er helt fint.

Min account er *Devast8or1.

Devast8or
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 9:57:48 AM

Chris Lansdell <lansdellicious@gmail.com> wrote:

> So let's make a list of the items we've never found.

That's easy.

Sets:

Griswold's shield

1.10 uniques:

Tyrael's Might
Griffon's Eye
Dragonscale
Death's Fathom
Earth Shifter
Mang Song's Lesson
Death's Web

1.09 uniques:

Schaefer's Hammer

Or I *think* I've found every other older unique, but I haven't been
keeping much track of those (if there's something I don't remember,
it's something not very wanted - but then, in 1.09 I probably would've
thrown away a Schaefer anyway). With the new uniques, I made a list
and intended to collect them all, so I think I remember those for
certain, but I stopped playing for a while and all my chars expired. I
don't have the patience to get up to good gear again.

The funny thing is, only 10 items left obviously means I've wasted a
*lot* of time gathering the stuff, but I've still NEVER found a rune
higher than Gul. Cubed up and traded lots of those, sure, but they
just don't *drop* for me.
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 11:37:10 AM

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "Chris Lansdell"
<lansdellicious@gmail.com>, supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and
said:

>Mav's Hat

I've never found a mavina's hat.

>Tyrael's Might
>Azurewrath phase

I've never found these two.

>Kira's

Strangely, I've never found one of these either.

>Any part of Gris Set that isn't the armor

Me too.

>Halaberd's

Never found this one, I don't think.

>Steel Carapace

Or this.

>Death Cleaver

Or that.

>Astreon's

Or that.

>Stormlash

Or that.

I've never found a Zod, Ber or Jah rune, either, although I did score a Cham
and a Lo.

--
If in doubt, hit with axe.
June 8, 2005 12:43:53 PM

On (or around) Tue, 07 Jun 2005 14:30:51 GMT, "Chris Lansdell"
<lansdellicious@gmail.com> deemed themselves worthy to grace
alt.games.diablo with his/her presence, and uttered.....:

<snip>

I think it would more logical for me to list items I HAVE found... It
would be a MUCH smaller list than the NOT found list :-(

--
Mad'Doug

"Any errors in fact, thought, spelling or grammar occured during transmission."
Please remove the apostrophe (') to email me
June 8, 2005 12:43:54 PM

"Duncan" <dpstokes@x-privat.org> wrote in message
> On (or around) Tue, 07 Jun 2005 14:30:51 GMT, "Chris Lansdell"
> <lansdellicious@gmail.com> deemed themselves worthy to grace
> alt.games.diablo with his/her presence, and uttered.....:
>
> <snip>
>
> I think it would more logical for me to list items I HAVE found... It
> would be a MUCH smaller list than the NOT found list :-(

LOL ditto! Although I did find 2 lacerators and not thinking sold em both.

--
In a World Full of Insanity
Here I Stand.

> Thomas (6100) wrote:
> >>
> > Thank you
> >
> > Tak, men imorgen passer dårligt, hvad med torsdag kl. 21.00?
> >
> > Thomas
>
> Ok, det er helt fint.
>
> Min account er *Devast8or1.
>
> Devast8or

Samme spilnavn og pwd som nævnt tidligere, vi ses/snakkes.

Thomas
Anonymous
June 9, 2005 1:56:48 AM

Have you made a Demonmachine/Holyfire paladin yet?

I noticed that 1 point in Holy Fire and a Ravenclaw negated the need
for an enchantress early game when I was starting my conviction(?)
pally so thought I might try such a build sometime somewhen. You can
steal the idea if it's new to you if you like. You've already made my
IK Sorc so why not this one too?! ; )

--
Ashen Shugar
Anonymous

> This reminds me, how did the Necromancer team fare? Too bad I wasn't
around
> to play, the one or two games I did play in were a riot.

Pretty much fizzled out, there's just 2 of us playing now.
We're in Act 5 NM now, getting ready to kill Baal. And
you're right it was fun when there was 5-6 of us playing.

wizofwas
Anonymous
June 10, 2005 2:24:55 AM

Ashen Shugar held her like they did by the lake on Naboo, while posting
1118293008.252174.120130@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com to this Interweb
chatroom:

> Have you made a Demonmachine/Holyfire paladin yet?
>
> I noticed that 1 point in Holy Fire and a Ravenclaw negated the need
> for an enchantress early game when I was starting my conviction(?)
> pally so thought I might try such a build sometime somewhen. You can
> steal the idea if it's new to you if you like. You've already made my
> IK Sorc so why not this one too?! ; )

DAMN YOU ASH!

If I ever get 2 Ber, maybe a Holy Fire/Infinity pally. Why Demon Machine? I
also have Hella Rack, Demon Arch, Gimmers, Kinemil's (hehehehe)...I've
actually considered a Holy Fire pally before, ad now I'm going to have to
make one. Happy now? JERK!

--
Convention says my name, along with a witticism or poignant quote, should go
here.
Ah well.
Anonymous
June 10, 2005 1:56:00 PM

I think it was "Chris Lansdell" <lansdellicious@gmail.com> that wrote
something like...

>Ashen Shugar held her like they did by the lake on Naboo, while posting
>1118293008.252174.120130@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com to this Interweb
>chatroom:
>
>> Have you made a Demonmachine/Holyfire paladin yet?
>>
>> I noticed that 1 point in Holy Fire and a Ravenclaw negated the need
>> for an enchantress early game when I was starting my conviction(?)
>> pally so thought I might try such a build sometime somewhen. You can
>> steal the idea if it's new to you if you like. You've already made my
>> IK Sorc so why not this one too?! ; )
>
>DAMN YOU ASH!

Always pleased to help! ; )

Ashen Shugar
The moon by day, and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
Let the Lord of Chaos rule!
Anonymous
June 10, 2005 2:50:46 PM

said:

>> Have you made a Demonmachine/Holyfire paladin yet?

>> I noticed that 1 point in Holy Fire and a Ravenclaw negated the need
>> for an enchantress early game when I was starting my conviction(?)
>> pally so thought I might try such a build sometime somewhen. You can
>> steal the idea if it's new to you if you like. You've already made my
>> IK Sorc so why not this one too?! ; )

>DAMN YOU ASH!

>If I ever get 2 Ber, maybe a Holy Fire/Infinity pally. Why Demon Machine? I
>also have Hella Rack, Demon Arch, Gimmers, Kinemil's (hehehehe)...I've
>actually considered a Holy Fire pally before, ad now I'm going to have to
>make one. Happy now? JERK!

Hehe, I think everyone had one in 1.09 as a chippy farmer, but I don't believe
I've seen too many around in 1.10. Sounds interesting. If you want
something else a bit goofy, Dalai is curently playing a fireball amazon, via
two pieces of the trangs set (I believe you've played something similar with a
barbarian?)

--
If in doubt, hit with axe.
Anonymous

said:

>I need something to keep me interested. I've made almost every conceivable
>character, and numerous inconceivable ones, and enjoyed thenm all
>thoroughly.

How about a multiple auras (via uber runewords) punchadin?

--
If in doubt, hit with axe.
Anonymous

said:

>I need something to keep me interested. I've made almost every conceivable
>character, and numerous inconceivable ones, and enjoyed thenm all
>thoroughly.

A few more ideas:

Frost Nova sorceress. There's a cold faceted nightwings on the UWW mules to
get you started, and I have a +3 Frost Nova Ormus.

Double Swing dagger barbarian. Dual fleshrippers. Max Battle Cry if you
like.

Obedience Tiger Strikeasin.

--
If in doubt, hit with axe.
Anonymous

said:

>I need something to keep me interested. I've made almost every conceivable
>character, and numerous inconceivable ones, and enjoyed thenm all
>thoroughly.

And I assume from the above that you've done all the usual stuff, like Passion
zealots, singers, melee necromancers, poison zons, all passives zons,
beekeepers, berserkers, conviction zealots, etc. If not, you have a long way
to go.

--
If in doubt, hit with axe.
Anonymous

said:

>I need something to keep me interested. I've made almost every conceivable
>character, and numerous inconceivable ones, and enjoyed thenm all
>thoroughly.

How about a bow barbarian using a "Faith" bow and gloves with multiple shot
charges. Upgraded magewrath bow on switch.

--
If in doubt, hit with axe.
Anonymous

Stephen van Ham held her like they did by the lake on Naboo, while posting
hgiha1t9eb76p0mfj76l6ffiom2tjagsi3@4ax.com to this Interweb chatroom:

> Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "Chris Lansdell"
> <lansdellicious@gmail.com>, supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and
> flopped and said:
>
>> I need something to keep me interested. I've made almost every
>> conceivable character, and numerous inconceivable ones, and enjoyed
>> thenm all thoroughly.
>
> How about a multiple auras (via uber runewords) punchadin?

The idea fascinates, although punching removes another possible aura.
However, I'm lacking the dozen oor so high runes this would require. I don't
know how the UWW mules are stocked, but between us we may be able to make a
couple of nice words...

--
Convention says my name, along with a witticism or poignant quote, should go
here.
Ah well.
Anonymous
June 10, 2005 3:42:08 PM

Stephen van Ham held her like they did by the lake on Naboo, while posting
8miha1h030oefc6ejkjp9oh934p1btj1ou@4ax.com to this Interweb chatroom:

> Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "Chris Lansdell"
> <lansdellicious@gmail.com>, supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and
> flopped and said:
>
>> I need something to keep me interested. I've made almost every
>> conceivable character, and numerous inconceivable ones, and enjoyed
>> thenm all thoroughly.
>
> A few more ideas:
>
> Frost Nova sorceress. There's a cold faceted nightwings on the UWW
> mules to get you started, and I have a +3 Frost Nova Ormus.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. I'd have to do something equally kooky for a backup skill,
maybe Fire Wall? Thunderstorm?

> Double Swing dagger barbarian. Dual fleshrippers. Max Battle Cry
> if you like.

I have 0 Fleshrippers.

> Obedience Tiger Strikeasin.
This sounds like fun, if I could find some Shadow Dancers or Gores.

--
Convention says my name, along with a witticism or poignant quote, should go
here.
Ah well.
Anonymous
June 10, 2005 3:46:00 PM

Stephen van Ham held her like they did by the lake on Naboo, while posting
jviha11mv7d6spvf8hmrntvrk5db95bsgr@4ax.com to this Interweb chatroom:

> Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "Chris Lansdell"
> <lansdellicious@gmail.com>, supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and
> flopped and said:
>
>> I need something to keep me interested. I've made almost every
>> conceivable character, and numerous inconceivable ones, and enjoyed
>> thenm all thoroughly.
>
> And I assume from the above that you've done all the usual stuff,
> like Passion zealots,
Yup.

> singers,
Never been able to shop Echoing stuff, not keen on the dual Spirit idea. I
do have 2 4s crystal swords though.

> melee necromancers,
Yup

> poison zons,
With all the poison facets I have, this has possibilities...

> all passives zons,
Not yet, still working on my glass cannon bowazon. All passives is something
else I like the sound of though.

> beekeepers,
Last season, and in SP

> berserkers,
Are you TRYING to get me to die more often?

> conviction zealots, etc.
Got one to 43, deleted him. BStar and a PDia Tiamat's?

After work, I shall make a list of stuff I've made. I am not Whitedog.

--
Convention says my name, along with a witticism or poignant quote, should go
here.
Ah well.
Anonymous
June 10, 2005 4:38:34 PM

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz>,
supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

>Because DemonMachine, along with Ravenclaw and Kuko, fires explosive
>arrows/bolts. I think it carries the fire damage with it better and spreads
>it over the splash area of the expolsive arrow.

Correct, and Kuko and Demon Machine also have a chance to Pierce. Another
source of fires explosive arrows or bolts is the new "Brand" runeword.

--
If in doubt, hit with axe.
Anonymous

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz>,
supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

>Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "Chris Lansdell"
><lansdellicious@gmail.com>, supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and
>said:
>
>>I need something to keep me interested. I've made almost every conceivable
>>character, and numerous inconceivable ones, and enjoyed thenm all
>>thoroughly.
>
>How about a bow barbarian using a "Faith" bow and gloves with multiple shot
>charges. Upgraded magewrath bow on switch.

Mmph, Widowmaker, not Magewrath.

--
If in doubt, hit with axe.
Anonymous

On Tue, 07 Jun 2005, "Chris Lansdell" wrote:

>> I need something to keep me interested.

Try the Chaos Empire Mod... it's more addicting than D2LOD ever was!
And that says lots!
Anonymous
June 11, 2005 11:56:47 AM

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz>,
supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

>> Correct, and Kuko and Demon Machine also have a chance to Pierce.
>> Another source of fires explosive arrows or bolts is the new "Brand"
>> runeword.
>
><Looks it up>
>
>Cool! I was wondering what to do with all those Jah, Lo and Gul runes.

Well, Jabber DID mention wanting to do something with uber finds...

--
If in doubt, hit with axe.
Anonymous

said:

>> How about a multiple auras (via uber runewords) punchadin?

>The idea fascinates, although punching removes another possible aura.

It does?

--
If in doubt, hit with axe.
Anonymous

"Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "Chris Lansdell"
> <lansdellicious@gmail.com>, supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped
> and
> said:
>
>>> How about a multiple auras (via uber runewords) punchadin?
>
>>The idea fascinates, although punching removes another possible aura.
>
> It does?

Well yeah, on the weapon. Like, Lawbringer, or Ice, or something.

--
CLans, Jabber, Whatever
Who's Da Bitch NOW

said:

>> A few more ideas:
>>
>> Frost Nova sorceress. There's a cold faceted nightwings on the UWW
>> mules to get you started, and I have a +3 Frost Nova Ormus.
>>
>Hmmmmmmmmmmm. I'd have to do something equally kooky for a backup skill,
>maybe Fire Wall? Thunderstorm?

Firewall, Enchant, or Static Field sounds good.

>> Double Swing dagger barbarian. Dual fleshrippers. Max Battle Cry
>> if you like.

>I have 0 Fleshrippers.

Upped Spinerippers then, or something else?

>> Obedience Tiger Strikeasin.

>This sounds like fun, if I could find some Shadow Dancers or Gores.

Well, see if you can do this one, too, as I eventually have to make all of
these if you don't, and I have enough in works at the moment already.

--
If in doubt, hit with axe.
Anonymous

said:

>> And I assume from the above that you've done all the usual stuff,
>> like Passion zealots,

>Yup.

Cool. Which classes? Were any of them NOT an enchantress?

>> singers,
>Never been able to shop Echoing stuff, not keen on the dual Spirit idea. I
>do have 2 4s crystal swords though.

Fine. I give you leave to use dual heart of the oaks. ;-)

Or dual wizardspikes.

>> all passives zons,

>Not yet, still working on my glass cannon bowazon. All passives is something
>else I like the sound of though.

Blocking speed with non thrusting weapons is a bit of a hassle.

>> beekeepers,

>Last season, and in SP

Which secondary skills? What level?

>> berserkers,

>Are you TRYING to get me to die more often?

It's traditional to invest in war cry here.

>> conviction zealots, etc.

>Got one to 43, deleted him. BStar and a PDia Tiamat's?

Baranars is indeed good. Mine this season uses a nords, and has hopes of one
day finding a Stormlash.

>After work, I shall make a list of stuff I've made. I am not Whitedog.

And we appreciate you using a different posting name, to indicate this. Very
convenient it is.

--
If in doubt, hit with axe.
Anonymous

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz>,
supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

>>Got one to 43, deleted him. BStar and a PDia Tiamat's?
>
>Baranars is indeed good. Mine this season uses a nords, and has hopes of one
>day finding a Stormlash.

I forgot to mention Frostwind, the unique cryptic sword. Almost as much
damage as Nords, and they both have the freezes target mod. They also both
achieve a 5 frame zeal with less effort than either baranars or gimmers. The
+ to arctic blast on Frostwind is just a silly extra, although the + to
Blizzard on Nords presents opportunities for a Frost Nova'ing Melee
Enchantress...

--
If in doubt, hit with axe.
Anonymous

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz>,
supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

>Long ago, in the world without shrimp, Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz>,
>supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:
>
>>>Got one to 43, deleted him. BStar and a PDia Tiamat's?
>>
>>Baranars is indeed good. Mine this season uses a nords, and has hopes of one
>>day finding a Stormlash.
>
>I forgot to mention Frostwind, the unique cryptic sword. Almost as much
>damage as Nords, and they both have the freezes target mod. They also both
>achieve a 5 frame zeal with less effort than either baranars or gimmers. The
>+ to arctic blast on Frostwind is just a silly extra, although the + to
>Blizzard on Nords presents opportunities for a Frost Nova'ing Melee
>Enchantress...

Hmmmm, here ya go Jabs.

The Nordress

Blizzard - 16 from Nord's
Frost Nova - 20
Alternate: 20 in Glacial Spike instead of Frost Nova
Cold Mastery - 17+ with items
Enchant - 20
Warmth - 20
Fire Mastery - 10-15+

And stack your inventory with cold damage charms. For additional thematic
goodness, your shield of choice is Blackoak (unique luna).

--
If in doubt, hit with axe.
Anonymous

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz>,
supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

>Hmmmm, here ya go Jabs.
>
>The Nordress
>
>Blizzard - 16 from Nord's
>Frost Nova - 20
>Alternate: 20 in Glacial Spike instead of Frost Nova
>Cold Mastery - 17+ with items
>Enchant - 20
>Warmth - 20
>Fire Mastery - 10-15+
>
>And stack your inventory with cold damage charms. For additional thematic
>goodness, your shield of choice is Blackoak (unique luna).

Play notes:

You'll only get 12 casts of Blizzard per trip into the field, so you'll need
to pick your shots. However, you'll have a partly synergised Glacial Spike
(if alternate is chosen) to help out against fire immunes. Massive cold
damage will also be added to your melee attack, thanks to high Cold Mastery,
tasty cold damage on Nords, and any additional cold damage from other gear.

Shaeling the nords and having 20 IAS gloves will result in a 11 frame attack.

--
If in doubt, hit with axe.
Anonymous

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "Chris Lansdell"
<clansdell@your.nf.clothes.sympatico.ca>, supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and
flopped and said:

>>>The idea fascinates, although punching removes another possible aura.

>> It does?
>
>Well yeah, on the weapon. Like, Lawbringer, or Ice, or something.

I'm sure there's a loophole here that we can exploit.

--
If in doubt, hit with axe.
Anonymous

> Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "Chris Lansdell"
> <clansdell@your.nf.clothes.sympatico.ca>, supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped
and

> >> It does?
> >
> >Well yeah, on the weapon. Like, Lawbringer, or Ice, or something.
>
> I'm sure there's a loophole here that we can exploit.

Just meet the stat requirements with charms, that way it just *looks* like
you're punching.

short

June 17, 2005 4:36:44 PM

> Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "Chris Lansdell"
> <lansdellicious@gmail.com>, supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped
and
> said:
>
> >> A few more ideas:
> >>
> >> Frost Nova sorceress. There's a cold faceted nightwings on the UWW
> >> mules to get you started, and I have a +3 Frost Nova Ormus.
> >>
> >Hmmmmmmmmmmm. I'd have to do something equally kooky for a backup skill,
> >maybe Fire Wall? Thunderstorm?
>
> Firewall, Enchant, or Static Field sounds good.
>
> >> Double Swing dagger barbarian. Dual fleshrippers. Max Battle Cry
> >> if you like.
>
> >I have 0 Fleshrippers.
>
> Upped Spinerippers then, or something else?

That ethereal elite unique dagger has pretty respectable damage, can't
remember the name though.

> >> Obedience Tiger Strikeasin.
>
> >This sounds like fun, if I could find some Shadow Dancers or Gores.
>
> Well, see if you can do this one, too, as I eventually have to make all of
> these if you don't, and I have enough in works at the moment already.

I *might* have Shadow Dancers, but that may have been last ladder. Will
look.

short

June 17, 2005 4:44:02 PM

> Stephen van Ham held her like they did by the lake on Naboo, while posting
> jviha11mv7d6spvf8hmrntvrk5db95bsgr@4ax.com to this Interweb chatroom:
>
> > Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "Chris Lansdell"
> > <lansdellicious@gmail.com>, supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and
> > flopped and said:
> >
> >> I need something to keep me interested. I've made almost every
> >> conceivable character, and numerous inconceivable ones, and enjoyed
> >> thenm all thoroughly.
> >
> > And I assume from the above that you've done all the usual stuff,
> > like Passion zealots,
> Yup.
>
> > singers,
> Never been able to shop Echoing stuff, not keen on the dual Spirit idea. I
> do have 2 4s crystal swords though.

Why not dual Spirits? Just curious.

> > melee necromancers,
> Yup
>
> > poison zons,
> With all the poison facets I have, this has possibilities...

Just wanted to note, they work fine without facets :)

> > all passives zons,
> Not yet, still working on my glass cannon bowazon. All passives is
something
> else I like the sound of though.
>
> > beekeepers,
> Last season, and in SP
>
> > berserkers,
> Are you TRYING to get me to die more often?

They work better than you think!!

> > conviction zealots, etc.
> Got one to 43, deleted him. BStar and a PDia Tiamat's?

I need to make one too, same questions you have!

> After work, I shall make a list of stuff I've made. I am not Whitedog.

Where is he, anyway?

short

June 17, 2005 4:45:38 PM

> Long ago, in the world without shrimp, Stephen van Ham
<svanham@xtra.co.nz>,
> supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:
>
> >Long ago, in the world without shrimp, Stephen van Ham
<svanham@xtra.co.nz>,

> >>Baranars is indeed good. Mine this season uses a nords, and has hopes
of one
> >>day finding a Stormlash.
> >
> >I forgot to mention Frostwind, the unique cryptic sword. Almost as much
> >damage as Nords, and they both have the freezes target mod. They also
both
> >achieve a 5 frame zeal with less effort than either baranars or gimmers.
The
> >+ to arctic blast on Frostwind is just a silly extra, although the + to
> >Blizzard on Nords presents opportunities for a Frost Nova'ing Melee
> >Enchantress...
>
> Hmmmm, here ya go Jabs.
>
> The Nordress
>
> Blizzard - 16 from Nord's
> Frost Nova - 20
> Alternate: 20 in Glacial Spike instead of Frost Nova
> Cold Mastery - 17+ with items
> Enchant - 20
> Warmth - 20
> Fire Mastery - 10-15+
>
> And stack your inventory with cold damage charms. For additional
thematic
> goodness, your shield of choice is Blackoak (unique luna).

Oh, so here's that thread I was looking for!!

short

June 18, 2005 8:54:01 PM

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "short" <shorts@zoominternet.net>,

>> >Well yeah, on the weapon. Like, Lawbringer, or Ice, or something.
>>
>> I'm sure there's a loophole here that we can exploit.
>>
>Just meet the stat requirements with charms, that way it just *looks* like
>you're punching.

That's certainly one way of doing it.

--
Rakanishu!
Anonymous

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "short" <shorts@zoominternet.net>,

>> >I have 0 Fleshrippers.

>> Upped Spinerippers then, or something else?

>That ethereal elite unique dagger has pretty respectable damage, can't
>remember the name though.

I have one of these somewhere, but do we have another to make a matching set?
Can't have a dagger barb without matching stabby thingies.

>> >This sounds like fun, if I could find some Shadow Dancers or Gores.

>> Well, see if you can do this one, too, as I eventually have to make all of
>> these if you don't, and I have enough in works at the moment already.

>I *might* have Shadow Dancers, but that may have been last ladder. Will
>look.

Actually, while you're looking, see if you can find some non-ladder Gore
Riders - I'm working up an old assassin into a Zealot model, and could use a
pair.

--
Rakanishu!
Anonymous

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "short" <shorts@zoominternet.net>,
supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

>"Chris Lansdell" <lansdellicious@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Stephen van Ham held her like they did by the lake on Naboo, while posting
>> jviha11mv7d6spvf8hmrntvrk5db95bsgr@4ax.com to this Interweb chatroom:
>>
>> > Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "Chris Lansdell"
>> > <lansdellicious@gmail.com>, supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and

>> > And I assume from the above that you've done all the usual stuff,
>> > like Passion zealots,
>> Yup.
>>
>> > singers,
>> Never been able to shop Echoing stuff, not keen on the dual Spirit idea. I
>> do have 2 4s crystal swords though.
>>
>Why not dual Spirits? Just curious.

Maybe Jabs considers them far too cheesy. They do, after all, give some
amazing mods for such cheap runes.

>> After work, I shall make a list of stuff I've made. I am not Whitedog.

Making a list of people that ask where Whitedog is?

--
Rakanishu!
Anonymous

Stephen van Ham held her like they did by the lake on Naboo, while posting
oaa7b15c4tup67tujtfueq8aufivsf1e2q@4ax.com to this Interweb chatroom:

> Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "short"
> <shorts@zoominternet.net>, supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and
> flopped and said:
>

>> "Chris Lansdell" <lansdellicious@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Stephen van Ham held her like they did by the lake on Naboo, while
>>> posting jviha11mv7d6spvf8hmrntvrk5db95bsgr@4ax.com to this
>>> Interweb chatroom:

>>> Yup.

>>> Never been able to shop Echoing stuff, not keen on the dual Spirit
>>> idea. I do have 2 4s crystal swords though.
>>>
>> Why not dual Spirits? Just curious.
>
> Maybe Jabs considers them far too cheesy. They do, after all, give
> some amazing mods for such cheap runes.

Not really, I was just thinking that if I'm going to go dual Spirit, might
as well make it sowrd/shield and get some blocking out of the deal. My issue
with Singers is more "I don't think this will ever kill anything" than "This
is cheese". Hell, I've made 6 enchantresses...

--
Convention says my name, along with a witticism or poignant quote, should go
here.
Ah well.
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 8:57:47 PM

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "short" <shorts@zoominternet.net>,
supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

>> The Nordress
>>
>> Blizzard - 16 from Nord's
>> Frost Nova - 20
>> Alternate: 20 in Glacial Spike instead of Frost Nova
>> Cold Mastery - 17+ with items
>> Enchant - 20
>> Warmth - 20
>> Fire Mastery - 10-15+
>>
>> And stack your inventory with cold damage charms. For additional
>thematic
>> goodness, your shield of choice is Blackoak (unique luna).
>>

>Oh, so here's that thread I was looking for!!

Add the most definitely variantish Baezil's Vortex based rocket sorceress to
the list, too.

--
Rakanishu!
!