Cant play youtube videos

G

Recently i bought brand new I3 with Windows 7 computer and i can NOT play any videos from you tube or any other website.The message is telling me to upgrade to the latest flash player, i do that and nothing really happens.
I checked at this point on the web the disscussion links and the simple solution for me was just to Clik on Windows Icon (bottom left corner)select " All programs" and then select "Internet explorer" from the menu (that didnt have 64 bit next to it)So in reality you just use the 32 bit version instead the "New Beaut Windows 7 64 Bit Computer" I suppose we just have to wait for Microsoft/Adobe/Youtube/Etc to make it simple next time for us idiots.I think doing it this way (3 clicks) rather than changing the settings/removing / unstalling programs /downloading other software that you dont really know what they doing to your computer is BETTER.Now i enjoy Youtube again
Cheers
Mac

1haplo

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
Just go to adobe.com and click on "get adobe flash player".

It will install flash and you should be able to watch youtube and others. It will only work in 32 bit IE, not x64.

As long as you use the IE button on the taskbar to the right of the start button will be 32 bit, The only way to start 64 bit IE is to select 64 bit in the start menu.

fergy

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
why not try firefox 4-sfari - etc etc

i have
intel i3 539
genuine win 7 64 bit (dual boot ubuntu Lts 32 bit)
4 gig ram
500gb wd (main hdd}
1 tb samsung f3 (storage)
run firefox no problem