Blib

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2003
I bought my case a few months back, used, and everything has been fine until recently, when I purchased an A7N8X mainboard. When I tried to start up the system I then noticed I had no Pwr_Sw. I had, fortunatly, an old case where this wire was present, so I have taken the wires from that case and attached them to the mainboard in the other, so I use the old case's Power-button to start my computer.

And as if that wasn't enough, I can't remember who I bought it from, so there really is nothing I can do. My old mainboard, A7133 booted up with only the Pwr_LED, which this board won't. Or does it? Is there a way to overcome this, or is the only solution simply to buy a new case.. Was thinking of buying a new Lian Li or something, but I need all the money I can spare :(

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
My old mainboard, A7133 booted up with only the Pwr_LED, which this board won't.
No, it cannot boot with that. It's only to show activity on your HD. I used to have that board, btw, its correct name is <b>A7V133</b> (KT133A chipset). The IDE_LED is separate from other connectors panel on the mobo and has no function to power the computer.
Check again to see if there is another connector that could be name differently than Power Switch (PWR_SW). It should be the same 2-pin connector as your IDE_LED, and usually is <b><font color=blue>blue</b></font color=blue> and <b>white</b> wires when the IDE_LED is <b><font color=orange>orange</b></font color=orange> and <b>white</b>.

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.