Outlook Express

What is the different between Outlook Express and Outlook are they the same
E-mail Program
5 answers Last reply
More about outlook express

    In news:ek6FIpVOFHA.940@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
    Leroy <vze2g6kx@verizon.net> typed:

    > What is the different between Outlook Express and Outlook are
    > they
    > the same E-mail Program

    No, they are very different. Outlook (for sale either by itself
    or as part of Microsoft Office) is a Personal Information
    Manager. It schedules appointments, keeps track of your tasks,
    has a Contact Manager, etc. It also does E-mail.

    Outlook Express (a part of Windows), on the other hand, just does
    E-mail and newsgroups. The two overlap in a single area only:
    they both do E-mail.

    I use both: Outlook as my PIM and for E-mail; Outlook Express for
    newsgroups.

    In my view, Microsoft did none of us a service when gave such
    similar names to two such different products.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    They are not the same.

    Differences between Outlook and Outlook Express:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q257824
    --
    OE6-specific newsgroup:

    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (Shell, IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;257824

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    > In news:ek6FIpVOFHA.940@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
    > Leroy <vze2g6kx@verizon.net> typed:
    >
    >> What is the different between Outlook Express and Outlook are they
    >> the same E-mail Program
    >

    > No, they are very different. Outlook (for sale either by itself or as part
    > of Microsoft Office) is a Personal Information Manager. It schedules
    > appointments, keeps track of your tasks, has a Contact Manager, etc. It
    > also does E-mail.
    >
    > Outlook Express (a part of Windows), on the other hand, just does E-mail
    > and newsgroups. The two overlap in a single area only: they both do
    > E-mail.
    >
    > I use both: Outlook as my PIM and for E-mail; Outlook Express for
    > newsgroups.
    >
    > In my view, Microsoft did none of us a service when gave such similar
    > names to two such different products.

    > Please reply to the newsgroup

    I have Microsoft Office and I don't mind having Outlook Exprees and Outlook
    as long as outlook express is my default E-mail. Thank you very
    > In news:ek6FIpVOFHA.940@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
    > Leroy <vze2g6kx@verizon.net> typed:
    >
    >> What is the different between Outlook Express and Outlook are they
    >> the same E-mail Program
    >

    > No, they are very different. Outlook (for sale either by itself or as part
    > of Microsoft Office) is a Personal Information Manager. It schedules
    > appointments, keeps track of your tasks, has a Contact Manager, etc. It
    > also does E-mail.
    >
    > Outlook Express (a part of Windows), on the other hand, just does E-mail
    > and newsgroups. The two overlap in a single area only: they both do
    > E-mail.
    >
    > I use both: Outlook as my PIM and for E-mail; Outlook Express for
    > newsgroups.
    >
    > In my view, Microsoft did none of us a service when gave such similar
    > names to two such different products.

    > Please reply to the newsgroup

Outlook Outlook Express Microsoft Windows XP