LeRoy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

What is the different between Outlook Express and Outlook are they the same
E-mail Program

In news:ek6FIpVOFHA.940@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
Leroy <vze2g6kx@verizon.net> typed:

> What is the different between Outlook Express and Outlook are
> they
> the same E-mail Program

No, they are very different. Outlook (for sale either by itself
or as part of Microsoft Office) is a Personal Information
Manager. It schedules appointments, keeps track of your tasks,
has a Contact Manager, etc. It also does E-mail.

Outlook Express (a part of Windows), on the other hand, just does
E-mail and newsgroups. The two overlap in a single area only:
they both do E-mail.

I use both: Outlook as my PIM and for E-mail; Outlook Express for
newsgroups.

In my view, Microsoft did none of us a service when gave such
similar names to two such different products.

Please reply to the newsgroup

They are not the same.

Differences between Outlook and Outlook Express:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q257824
--
OE6-specific newsgroup:

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (Shell, IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;257824

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

LeRoy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

> In news:ek6FIpVOFHA.940@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
> Leroy <vze2g6kx@verizon.net> typed:
>
>> What is the different between Outlook Express and Outlook are they
>> the same E-mail Program
>

> No, they are very different. Outlook (for sale either by itself or as part
> of Microsoft Office) is a Personal Information Manager. It schedules
> appointments, keeps track of your tasks, has a Contact Manager, etc. It
> also does E-mail.
>
> Outlook Express (a part of Windows), on the other hand, just does E-mail
> and newsgroups. The two overlap in a single area only: they both do
> E-mail.
>
> I use both: Outlook as my PIM and for E-mail; Outlook Express for
> newsgroups.
>
> In my view, Microsoft did none of us a service when gave such similar
> names to two such different products.

> Please reply to the newsgroup

LeRoy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have Microsoft Office and I don't mind having Outlook Exprees and Outlook
as long as outlook express is my default E-mail. Thank you very