Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Start Bar

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 8:19:03 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

My 2 yeay old son moved my start bar to the right side of my screen. I would
very much like to move it back to the bottom where it belongs, but for the
life of me can not figure out how to do so;(

More about : start bar

Anonymous
April 4, 2005 9:23:49 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

In news:D 782D0D5-AF5D-47B0-B4D2-40F07BB6600B@microsoft.com,
billwender <billwender@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> My 2 yeay old son moved my start bar to the right side of my
> screen.
> I would very much like to move it back to the bottom where it
> belongs, but for the life of me can not figure out how to do
> so;(


Note that it's called the "Task" Bar, not the "Start" Bar.
Although by default the task bar appears on the bottom of the
screen, it can be on any of the sides you prefer it on. To move
it from any side to another, simply click on an unused part of it
and drag it where you want it. Be sure to click *within* it, not
on the edge; clicking on the edge and dragging will resize it

If it won't move, it may be locked. In that case, right click on
it and uncheck "Lock the taskbar," then try again.


--
Ken Blake - Microsoft MVP Windows: Shell/User
Please reply to the newsgroup
April 4, 2005 11:34:07 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

In news:D 782D0D5-AF5D-47B0-B4D2-40F07BB6600B@microsoft.com,
billwender <billwender@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

My reply is at the bottom of your sent message:

> My 2 yeay old son moved my start bar to the right side of my screen.
> I would very much like to move it back to the bottom where it
> belongs, but for the life of me can not figure out how to do so;(

They do that. Both the bar and kids... Right click and make sure it's
unlocked. Go to what's now the top of your taskbar, move your mouse around,
it should eventually show something like this <--> (a double sided arrow)
and from there you should be able to drag it down and to the left back where
you wanted it.

Galen
--
Signature changed for a moment of silence.
Rest well Alex and we'll see you on the other side.
Related resources
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 11:34:08 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

This did not work. I was able to expand the bar to half my screen size, but i
could not move it back to the bottom where it starts out.

"Galen" wrote:

> In news:D 782D0D5-AF5D-47B0-B4D2-40F07BB6600B@microsoft.com,
> billwender <billwender@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:
>
> My reply is at the bottom of your sent message:
>
> > My 2 yeay old son moved my start bar to the right side of my screen.
> > I would very much like to move it back to the bottom where it
> > belongs, but for the life of me can not figure out how to do so;(
>
> They do that. Both the bar and kids... Right click and make sure it's
> unlocked. Go to what's now the top of your taskbar, move your mouse around,
> it should eventually show something like this <--> (a double sided arrow)
> and from there you should be able to drag it down and to the left back where
> you wanted it.
>
> Galen
> --
> Signature changed for a moment of silence.
> Rest well Alex and we'll see you on the other side.
>
>
>
April 5, 2005 12:11:01 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

In news:B8A3B5F7-F170-4991-934F-9F921B0B719D@microsoft.com,
billwender <billwender@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

My reply is at the bottom of your sent message:

> This did not work. I was able to expand the bar to half my screen
> size, but i could not move it back to the bottom where it starts out.
>
> "Galen" wrote:

There... I had you grab the wrong section ;)  Unlock it, grab it down near
the clock and drag it. It should move now. I just did this now to see if it
worked. It does.

Galen
--
Signature changed for a moment of silence.
Rest well Alex and we'll see you on the other side.
Anonymous
April 10, 2005 9:43:17 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

left-click an empty section of the task bar (i.e. not occupied by the
application buttons/groups), and drag it back to the bottom of the screen.
Or ask your two-year old to move it back!

"billwender" <billwender@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D 782D0D5-AF5D-47B0-B4D2-40F07BB6600B@microsoft.com...
> My 2 yeay old son moved my start bar to the right side of my screen. I
> would
> very much like to move it back to the bottom where it belongs, but for the
> life of me can not figure out how to do so;(
Anonymous
April 10, 2005 9:44:09 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

that method just makes it wider/narrower it doesn't move the task bar.

"Galen" <galennews@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:uQnSL7WOFHA.3668@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> In news:D 782D0D5-AF5D-47B0-B4D2-40F07BB6600B@microsoft.com,
> billwender <billwender@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:
>
> My reply is at the bottom of your sent message:
>
>> My 2 yeay old son moved my start bar to the right side of my screen.
>> I would very much like to move it back to the bottom where it
>> belongs, but for the life of me can not figure out how to do so;(
>
> They do that. Both the bar and kids... Right click and make sure it's
> unlocked. Go to what's now the top of your taskbar, move your mouse
> around, it should eventually show something like this <--> (a double sided
> arrow) and from there you should be able to drag it down and to the left
> back where you wanted it.
>
> Galen
> --
> Signature changed for a moment of silence.
> Rest well Alex and we'll see you on the other side.
>
Anonymous
April 10, 2005 9:44:51 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Doesn't have to be 'near the clock' just any blank section, left-click and
drag the bar back to the bottom.

"Galen" <galennews@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:uFg4yPXOFHA.3388@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> In news:B8A3B5F7-F170-4991-934F-9F921B0B719D@microsoft.com,
> billwender <billwender@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:
>
> My reply is at the bottom of your sent message:
>
>> This did not work. I was able to expand the bar to half my screen
>> size, but i could not move it back to the bottom where it starts out.
>>
>> "Galen" wrote:
>
> There... I had you grab the wrong section ;)  Unlock it, grab it down near
> the clock and drag it. It should move now. I just did this now to see if
> it worked. It does.
>
> Galen
> --
> Signature changed for a moment of silence.
> Rest well Alex and we'll see you on the other side.
>
!