Best headset for the LG VX4500?

Greetings,

I am in the market for a headset for my LG VX 4500 phone and would
like some suggestions. The two best headsets currently offered by
Verizon Wireless are the Plantronics MX150VR and the Jabra Earwave.

I appreciate you sharing your suggestions and/or personal experiences.

Thanks,
Jim
10 answers Last reply
More about best headset vx4500

    In article <smrjd0d84jaquco2l3i2njpbof16gvuooi@4ax.com>,
    headset@question.com says...

    > Greetings,
    >
    > I am in the market for a headset for my LG VX 4500 phone and would
    > like some suggestions. The two best headsets currently offered by
    > Verizon Wireless are the Plantronics MX150VR and the Jabra Earwave.
    >
    > I appreciate you sharing your suggestions and/or personal experiences.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Jim

    Take a look at Chameleon: http://www.chameleon-headsets.com/cell-
    mobile_phone_headsets.html

    It is extremely comfortable and has a very good earpiece and an
    extremely noise cancelling and clear microphone.

    I also use one of their headsets on my home/cordless phone with equal
    success.

    Louise

    The Belkin ActiFlex works with the VX4500.

    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=367399

    or ...
    Jabra universal headset with on/off button
    picked one up from radioshack for $21 for my own vx4500
    u dont have to open the phone to answer, just use the on/off button
    works like a charm

    Crazy Diamond <crazyD@yourdomain.com> wrote in news:1nFDc.6599$tD5.4350
    @newssvr25.news.prodigy.com:

    > or ...
    > Jabra universal headset with on/off button
    > picked one up from radioshack for $21 for my own vx4500
    > u dont have to open the phone to answer, just use the on/off button
    > works like a charm

    I think I'll take a look at that one. The headsets available at Verizon do
    not have the on/off button. The Belkin that I got fits so loosely that it
    doesn't work well for me. I'm gonna take it back to BB.

    Then again, if you're using driving mode, you don't even need the button to
    answer the phone. So what purpose does the button serve?

    Louise <none@nospam.com> wrote in news:MPG.1b43c5cb1d3ce60f9896b2@news-
    server.nyc.rr.com:

    > http://www.chameleon-headsets.com/cell-
    > mobile_phone_headsets.html

    Louise,

    Those headsets are priceless! (so how much are they?)

    speedlever wrote:

    > Then again, if you're using driving mode, you don't even need the button to
    > answer the phone. So what purpose does the button serve?

    My wife uses it because she likes the fact that she doesn't have to
    open the phone to answer and can still keep the conversation semi-private
    when around people.

    She can answers and hangup the phone while it's still in the holder.

    When driving we both use the speaker phone, a lot more convenient.

    btw,. the on/off button acts as the redial button as well ...

    > My wife uses it because she likes the fact that she doesn't have to
    > open the phone to answer and can still keep the conversation
    > semi-private when around people.
    >
    > She can answers and hangup the phone while it's still in the holder.
    >
    > When driving we both use the speaker phone, a lot more convenient.
    >
    > btw,. the on/off button acts as the redial button as well ...

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but in driving mode with the flip closed and if
    you have the headset on, you just respond to the voice prompt to answer
    the phone. The conversation is not on the speakerphone and when the
    other party hangs up, the 4500 hangs up as well.

    In my brief trial with the 4500, I only found the on/off button to
    initiate a redial of the last number called.

    What else will the on/off button do?

    If that is it, I don't see any real advantage to having the on/off
    button.

    What am I missing?

    You're right about the driving mode.
    Except that the on/off button will allow the phone to be
    in normal mode and the user has the option of answering
    the call without any loud prompt or having to flip the
    phone open ... in my wife's case, she doesnt have the
    headset in her ear all the time, just connected and clipped
    to her coat, when the phone buzzes, she looks at the lcd
    screen to see who's calling ... puts the earpice in, and
    use the on/off button ...

    speedlever <speedlever@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<Xns9517D6E94D30Frradfordtriadrrcom@24.25.9.42>...

    > In my brief trial with the 4500, I only found the on/off button to
    > initiate a redial of the last number called.
    >
    > What else will the on/off button do?
    >
    > If that is it, I don't see any real advantage to having the on/off
    > button.
    >
    > What am I missing?

    I have the Jabra Ear boom with the on/off button. Works well for a
    single ear headset. Many cheaper ones are a loose fit on the ear, and
    dangle about, but this one has a wire inside the ear pieces so it can
    be snugged up. Not as secure as an over the head design, but
    acceptable.
    The noise cancelling mic and earpiece speaker are better quality.

    Apparently, what your missing is a feature not supported by the
    LG4500, which is found in some other handsets. By just pressing the
    on/off button, a voicedial call can be initiated, as well as ended.
    Not having to touch a phone's keypad or open it up to begin and end
    calls, makes an on/off switch highly desirable.

    Besides an on/off button, a volume control (if one is offered?) may be
    another useful feature.

    -
    David

    In article <Xns95173B06E4895rradfordtriadrrcom@24.25.9.43>,
    speedlever@yahoo.com says...
    > Louise <none@nospam.com> wrote in news:MPG.1b43c5cb1d3ce60f9896b2@news-
    > server.nyc.rr.com:
    >
    > > http://www.chameleon-headsets.com/cell-
    > > mobile_phone_headsets.html
    >
    > Louise,
    >
    > Those headsets are priceless! (so how much are they?)

    They're around $15. I found another link, where I actually purchased it
    - prices are listed.

    http://www.emicrophones.com/microphones/product_detail.asp?subcatID=10

    Enjoy.

    Louise

Verizon Gaming Headsets LG Internet Service Providers