Smallest WiFi router?

Anyone know of a really small WiFi router that I can take to client
sites with me? I've tried one of those Netcom devices, and while it
works fine, it's only got one Ethernet port. I'd like something with
WAN and LAN ethernet ports and WiFi (802.11G preferred)...

I frequently end up being able to either connect my laptop _or_ the
client's laptop to the network, but not both, so I'd like a small
4-port hardware router with WiFi...

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
6 answers Last reply
More about smallest wifi router

    maybe look at Compex www.cpx.com
    NP26G or their NP26G-USB may actually be less bucks. I pd around $75 online
    for usb version.
    NP26G-usb here is roughly half the size of my di-624 dlink router.

    <William P.N. Smith> wrote in message
    > Anyone know of a really small WiFi router that I can take to client
    > sites with me? I've tried one of those Netcom devices, and while it
    > works fine, it's only got one Ethernet port. I'd like something with
    > WAN and LAN ethernet ports and WiFi (802.11G preferred)...
    >
    > I frequently end up being able to either connect my laptop _or_ the
    > client's laptop to the network, but not both, so I'd like a small
    > 4-port hardware router with WiFi...
    >
    > Any thoughts?
    >
    > Thanks!

    William P.N. Smith wrote in news:39nsj0pkef0a4or624cas4ocio6dnm9r7k@
    4ax.com:

    > I frequently end up being able to either connect my laptop _or_ the
    > client's laptop to the network, but not both, so I'd like a small
    > 4-port hardware router with WiFi...

    I think the small WiFi AP + Router is the Apple Airport Express

    1 port only : (

    http://www.apple.com/airportexpress/

    --
    Lucas Tam (REMOVEnntp@rogers.com)

    William,

    CompUSA has a NetGear WGR101NA 802.11g Travel Router (2.3" x 3.4" x 0.7")
    on sale for $49.99 after $40 rebate.

    http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=314118

    Regards,
    Eric

    Eric Schuyler <eschuyler@adelTAKEthisOUTphia.net> wrote:
    >CompUSA has a NetGear WGR101NA 802.11g Travel Router (2.3" x 3.4" x 0.7")
    >on sale for $49.99 after $40 rebate.
    >
    >http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=314118

    Yeah, I had one of those (left it with/sold it to a client, as it was
    just what she needed), but it only has one ethernet port, and in an
    ideal world I'd like something with more LAN ports... Now that I get
    to replace it, I'm looking for a bit of an upgrade...

    On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 21:18:23 -0400, William P.N. Smith wrote:

    >Anyone know of a really small WiFi router that I can take to client
    >sites with me? I've tried one of those Netcom devices, and while it
    >works fine, it's only got one Ethernet port. I'd like something with
    >WAN and LAN ethernet ports and WiFi (802.11G preferred)...
    >
    >I frequently end up being able to either connect my laptop _or_ the
    >client's laptop to the network, but not both, so I'd like a small
    >4-port hardware router with WiFi...

    What would really be nice is a router, with a 4 port LAN switch, an
    ethernet WAN connection, and a USB LAN connection for an external USB
    802.11g radio. USB radios tend to be very small. However, that
    doesn't exist.

    2nd best is the same router with ethernet connectors and an ethernet
    bridge, such as one of the "game adapter" radios. The radio is