Crysis freezing when opened.

Pigbearman

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2009
Hi all,

When I try to open Crysis, it freezes my computer. I double click on the Crysis icon and about two seconds later windows just freezes up.

I have tried many different things. Running it in DX9, DX10, safe mode, etc etc. When I first built the computer (CPU at stock) It never had a problem with anything. I played Crysis for about a week, then forgot about it (very boring story line). After a couple months, I have changed some things. Overclocked my CPU to 3.8 (C2D E7400), added another 4gigs of DDR2 800 (8GB total) and a second Sapphire HD 4870 512mb. But now I cannot play Crysis at all. I have tried reinstalling it several times also.

So what could be the problem here? My rig is capable of running this game very well, why won't it start up? Is it something with the overclocking (videocards not overclocked)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, since I want to see how this rig handles Crysis with the new videocard, extra RAM, and faster CPU.

Pigbearman

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2009
Just dropped my CPU down to the stock voltages/FSB/clock and it still froze within 3 seconds of attempting to open it. So its not an overclocking issue. Drivers are all up to date, so I'm getting quite confused now.

Pigbearman

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2009
Well, my CPU temps never go above 45c, GPU temps on both cards are never above 65c, so no problem with the temps. And I always keep the inside of my computer dusted. Probably clean it out every week. I don't see how dust or temps would cause it to freeze everything right when its opened anyways.

Pigbearman

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2009
Bump again, another month and a half, same damn problem. Reinstalled it several times and it still instantly freezes my OS.

When I try to open "Crysis64", it goes to a black screen and I have to CTRL+ALT+DEL out to get back (which kills the program).

When I try to open "Crysis", "Benchmark_CPU", and "Benchmark_GPU" the game instantly freezes on the OS like I explained in my origional post. The computer is perfectly clean, and I don't have this problem with any other games.

All drivers are up to date and I have all the patches for Crysis.

So can anybody help?

computernewbie

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2009
o.o its been a month and you still havent figured out your problem? try using google...

Think it might be your extra ATI card? Try unsetting crossfire and see what happens, if not, then search it up on google, you'll find your answer

Pigbearman

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2009

You honestly think I haven't checked google yet? Well I have. So far I cannot find somebody with a similar problem to mine. I'll try the crossfire thing, but I doubt that's my problem.

EDIT: Nope, froze exactly like it always does.