this is my first post so bare with me hw can i remove a highjack file fr.
my computer

--
jmt

map

"jimmick10" wrote:

> this is my first post so bare with me hw can i remove a highjack file fr.
> my computer
>
> --
> jmt

Welcome to the group!
It would help if you provided more details,what file is infected and how do
you know? What program are you using to detect malware.

Sometimes,when you remove malware it will stop your TCP/IP
stack from working (Internet connection).
Winsock or LSP-fix will correct the problem,Download first.
Note to anyone using NOD32 Anti-Virus software,Do Not delete the
"imon.dll" this fix reports,This is your internet /e-mail scanning engine.

YES-You need more than 1 malware program,the one's below are all free
and work well.
LSP-fix- http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm
Spybot S&D - http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
CWS Smart Killer- http://www.safer-networking.org/minifiles.html

About Buster- http://www.spychecker.com/program/aboutbuster.html
Ad-Aware SE - http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/
MS Antispyware:
CWShredder - http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4086.html
Hijack this - http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3155.html\
Hijackthis tutorial - http://forums.maddoktor2.com/index.php?showtopic=165
SpywareBlaster - http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html
SpywareGuard - http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareguard.html
WinPatrol - http://winpatrol.com
BHO Demon - http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3550.html
asquared2 "Trojan Remover" - http://www.emsisoft.com/en/
Socklock- http://nsclean.com/socklock.html
A nice site -
http://groups.msn.com/TeMercInternetSecuritySite/malwarecountermeasures.msnw
NOD32Anti-Virus Free 30 day trial
http://nod32.com/download/trial.htm
Process Guard-
http://www.diamondcs.com.au/processguard/index.php?page=download
A link for free online virus and trojan scanners.
http://virusall.com/downscan.html

A listing of BHO's
http://www.spywaredata.com/bho.php?current_page=0

To see if that freeware program you are about to inststall
is infested with spyware check it out first at this link.
http://www.spychecker.com/

To help stop unauthorized downloads via your activex controls change your
default settings.
These settings are good for XP. The wording should be close for other systems
as well.
Go to control panel and open "internet options�.
Click on the security tab then custom level.
make sure these settings are as follows.

Download signed active x controls>set to prompt
Download unsigned active x controls>set to disable
Initialize and script active x controls not marked as safe>set to disable
Run active x controls and pluggins>set to enable
Script active x controls marked safe for scripting>set to enable
Java permissions>set to high
Launching programs and files in a IFRAME" > Prompt
Installation of Desktop items"> Prompt
Navigate sub-frames across different domains>prompt

What exactly do you mean by a "hijack file"? I am guessing that you are referring
to your browser home page being hijacked, or perhaps more.

For home page hijacking, go here:
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers.htm
and scroll down to the section titled "I can't change my home page - it keeps
resetting". Read that whole section.

Update your anti-virus app and then run a full-system virus scan.

Use CWShredder, the CoolWeb removal tool, available here:
http://aumha.org/downloads/cwshredder.zip
Close all browser windows and open apps, start CWShredder and click the Fix button.

Install Ad-Aware SE free Personal Edition, start it, click its 'Check for Updates'
link in the app to install updates, then use it to scan your system, and remove what
it finds.
Ad-Aware:
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/

Install SpywareBlaster:
Click the link in the app to check for and install updates, then click to 'Enable
all protection'.
Update at least weekly.

When removing spyware, it is a good idea to download and store LSPFix and
WinsockXPFix ahead of time, in case you need to fix your Internet connectivity when
done. Some spyware will break your ability to connect when removed.
LSPFix:
http://www.spychecker.com/program/lspfix.html
http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/lspfix.html
WinSock XP Fix:
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/winsockxpfix.html

How to reset Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) in Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=299357

If your problems persist, download, unzip, and run Hijack This from one of these
locations:
http://www.spywareinfo.com/downloads/tools/HijackThis.exe
Unzip to a folder other than your Desktop or the Temp folder, doubleclick
HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan".

When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log"
button.
Press that, save the log somewhere you can find it (Desktop, My Documents, or
similar).
Most of what it lists will be harmless or even required, so do NOT fix anything yet.

Copy the log files and paste them into a new post at one of these forums:
http://forums.spywareinfo.com/,
http://castlecops.com/forum67.html

In your post, please state your problem clearly and what you've done so far to fix
it.

The folks there will tell you what to remove.

See the "housekeeping" you should complete before you post your log:
http://aumha.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4075

A tutorial for using Hijack This is located here:
http://tomcoyote.com/hjt/
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"jimmick10" <jimmicvk10@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> this is my first post so bare with me hw can i remove a highjack file fr.
> my computer
>
> --
> jmt

Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/Darnit.htm

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (Shell, IE/OE) & Security

Mastering Newsgroups in Outlook Express
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/community/columns/newsgroups.mspx

jimmick10 wrote:
> this is my first post so bare with me hw can i remove a highjack file
> fr. my computer

Try PestBlock from privacyanywhere (http://www.privacyanywhere.com).
It's very strong and popular spyware removal. Also it removes spyware
from LSP stacks! I'm very recommend to have it.

Tim.