Applications Bar at Bottom of Screen

Can anyone tell me how to adjust the applications bar at the bottom of the
screen from "vertical" to "horizontal"? It always used to list the open apps
horizontally, but something I've done recently has changed it and it now only
lists one app (for example, one IE browser window) with up-down arrows to get
to others. I'd like to be able to switch it back. Any ideas?

In news:224CEE58-9004-4401-B721-EB9CBE710129@microsoft.com,
Jeff P <Jeff P@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> Can anyone tell me how to adjust the applications bar at the
> bottom
> of the screen from "vertical" to "horizontal"? It always used
> to list
> the open apps horizontally, but something I've done recently
> has
> changed it and it now only lists one app (for example, one IE
> browser
> window) with up-down arrows to get to others. I'd like to be
> able to
> switch it back. Any ideas?

You mean the Task Bar? Is it on one side of the scrteen instead
of the bottom?

Although by default the task bar appears on the bottom of the
screen, it can be on any of the sides you prefer it on. To move
it from any side to another, simply click on an unused part of it
and drag it where you want it. Be sure to click *within* it, not
on the edge; clicking on the edge and dragging will resize it.

If it won't move, it may be locked. In that case, right click on
it and uncheck "Lock the taskbar," then try again.

Please reply to the newsgroup

Hi,
Right-click an empty area of the taskbar. Choose Properties. Uncheck "Group
similar taskbar buttons."

Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

Jeff P <Jeff P@discussions.microsoft.com> respectfully replied ;-)
> Can anyone tell me how to adjust the applications bar at the bottom
> of the screen from "vertical" to "horizontal"? It always used to list
> the open apps horizontally, but something I've done recently has
> changed it and it now only lists one app (for example, one IE browser
> window) with up-down arrows to get to others. I'd like to be able to
> switch it back. Any ideas?

This depends on what you have on the Taskbar. You can resize the space
allotted to the open programs by placing the mouse cursor on the vertical
dotted lines. This will make the cursor change to a <---> double arrow.
Press the left mouse button and slide the cursor to resize the space
allotted for the open programs. You may need to resize other Taskbar items
to male space for the open programs. Items like the Google Taskbar if
installed tend to be a little greedy in the space they take.
If the Taskbar is locked, you will need to unlock it to make the changes.
Left click on any empty space on the Taskbar to bring up the Taskbar
Options.

--
Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP
xpnews@bogusmichaelstevenstech.com