Address Bar In Internet Explorer

April 7, 2005 1:40:34 AM

Is there any way to disable the drop down address bar in internet explorer
(v. 6.0) so it doesn't keep the history of all the typed URL's I have
entered?.. I have done it before with a regedit in '98 but can't find it
with xp.
April 7, 2005 1:40:35 AM

Modify or delete the key located at
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\TypedURLs]

"Brent Milne" <brent_milne@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is there any way to disable the drop down address bar in internet explorer
> (v. 6.0) so it doesn't keep the history of all the typed URL's I have
> entered?.. I have done it before with a regedit in '98 but can't find it
> with xp.

April 7, 2005 5:40:57 AM

In news:mc05e.18871$Fy3.1107514@news20.bellglobal.com,
Brent Milne <brent_milne@hotmail.com> had this to say:

> Is there any way to disable the drop down address bar in internet
> explorer (v. 6.0) so it doesn't keep the history of all the typed
> URL's I have entered?.. I have done it before with a regedit in '98
> but can't find it with xp.

Open IE, click tools, click options, under content, click auto complete, set
your settings as desired.

Galen