Address Bar In Internet Explorer

Is there any way to disable the drop down address bar in internet explorer
(v. 6.0) so it doesn't keep the history of all the typed URL's I have
entered?.. I have done it before with a regedit in '98 but can't find it
with xp.
2 answers Last reply
More about address internet explorer

    Modify or delete the key located at
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\TypedURLs]

    In news:mc05e.18871$Fy3.1107514@news20.bellglobal.com,
    Brent Milne <brent_milne@hotmail.com> had this to say:

    > Is there any way to disable the drop down address bar in internet
    > explorer (v. 6.0) so it doesn't keep the history of all the typed
    > URL's I have entered?.. I have done it before with a regedit in '98
    > but can't find it with xp.

    Open IE, click tools, click options, under content, click auto complete, set
    your settings as desired.

    Galen

Internet Explorer Browsers Microsoft Windows XP