no pictures, only little red x in top left corner

alice

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2004

I have WinXP SP2 Home, running AVG and Sygate Firewall ...

For the past couple of days, I have been having a problem with my OE
pictures, I only get a box with a little red X in the top left corner, but
ok in IE - have not made any changes to settings in OE.

Does anybody have an idea as to what would have caused this and how I could
fix it. Please keep in mind that I am a very new user.

Did you just install SP2?

If you send an email with an embedded picture, does it display in your copy
in Sent Items folder?
--
OE6-specific newsgroup:

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (Shell, IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP

alice wrote:
> I have WinXP SP2 Home, running AVG and Sygate Firewall ...
>
> For the past couple of days, I have been having a problem with my OE
> pictures, I only get a box with a little red X in the top left corner, but
> ok in IE - have not made any changes to settings in OE.
>
> Does anybody have an idea as to what would have caused this and how I
> could fix it. Please keep in mind that I am a very new user.

alice

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2004

no SP2 installed a while ago, but since Feb critical updates, sooo many
things going crazy... have not noticed if they appear in emails sent by me
(haven't had need to do this) but seen when emails sent to me - though not
all the time... would this have something to do with file extension.... if
so, how to check and correct... will go into OE newsgroup.... thanx....

"PA Bear" wrote:

> Did you just install SP2?
>
> If you send an email with an embedded picture, does it display in your copy
> in Sent Items folder?
> --
> OE6-specific newsgroup:
>
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (Shell, IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
>
> alice wrote:
> > I have WinXP SP2 Home, running AVG and Sygate Firewall ...
> >
> > For the past couple of days, I have been having a problem with my OE
> > pictures, I only get a box with a little red X in the top left corner, but
> > ok in IE - have not made any changes to settings in OE.
> >
> > Does anybody have an idea as to what would have caused this and how I
> > could fix it. Please keep in mind that I am a very new user.

If pix appear in emails you send, the problem isn't on your end.
--
~PA Bear

Alice wrote:
> no SP2 installed a while ago, but since Feb critical updates, sooo many
> things going crazy... have not noticed if they appear in emails sent by me
> (haven't had need to do this) but seen when emails sent to me - though not
> all the time... would this have something to do with file extension....
> if so, how to check and correct... will go into OE newsgroup.... thanx....
>
> "PA Bear" wrote:
>
> > Did you just install SP2?
> >
> > If you send an email with an embedded picture, does it display in your
> > copy in Sent Items folder?
> > --
> > OE6-specific newsgroup:
> >
> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > MS MVP-Windows (Shell, IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
> >
> > alice wrote:
> > > I have WinXP SP2 Home, running AVG and Sygate Firewall ...
> > >
> > > For the past couple of days, I have been having a problem with my OE
> > > pictures, I only get a box with a little red X in the top left
> > > corner, but ok in IE - have not made any changes to settings in OE.
> > >
> > > Does anybody have an idea as to what would have caused this and how I
> > > could fix it. Please keep in mind that I am a very new user.

alice

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2004

no, not in sent messages, but received messages...

> If pix appear in emails you send, the problem isn't on your end.
> --
> ~PA Bear
>
> Alice wrote:
>> no SP2 installed a while ago, but since Feb critical updates, sooo many
>> things going crazy... have not noticed if they appear in emails sent by
>> me
>> (haven't had need to do this) but seen when emails sent to me - though
>> not
>> all the time... would this have something to do with file extension....
>> if so, how to check and correct... will go into OE newsgroup....
>> thanx....
>>
>> "PA Bear" wrote:
>>
>> > Did you just install SP2?
>> >
>> > If you send an email with an embedded picture, does it display in your
>> > copy in Sent Items folder?
>> > --
>> > OE6-specific newsgroup:
>> >
>> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> > MS MVP-Windows (Shell, IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP

I understand what you're saying but you're not understanding me. If
embedded/inserted pix you send in an original email message display properly
in your copy viewed from Sent Items folder, the problem (with received
messages) is not on your end but the Sender's end. Not much you can do
about that, Alice.
--
OE6-specific newsgroup:

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (Shell, IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP

Inside Outlook Express
http://www.insideoe.com