Not Convinced About Conviction in the Throne Room

Fact: The Throne Room exists in Nightmare

Fact: Colenzo (Minion Boss #1) is immune to Fire

Fact: Level 20ish Conviction lowers resist of opponents by 125%

Fact: The highest Fire Resist that Colenzo could have is 150%

Fact: 150 - 125 = 25

Fact: When a Conviction pally gets near a creature, that creature ends
up with a green smokey mist under its feet and a siren sound is heard

Fact: When Conviction aura affects a Fire Immune opponent can the math
is applied the words "immune to fire" disappear when the cursor is held
over the opponent and the mods of the opponent are read

Fact: With a Conviction auraed pally swinging an enchanted weapon that
dishes out about 1,000 damage and hitting an opponent and seeing the
opponent take damage because the life line of the opponent is moving to
the left, with aforesaid conviction and enchanted weapon the life line
when showing damage taken should be moving rather quickly towards the
left

Okay so now all the facts have been presented. Did I miss any? I don't
think so.

Anyway given the above facts perhaps someone can explain why Colenzo
did not take any damage and the words "immune to fire" did not
disappear when Colenzo was auraed by the level 20ish Conviction.

Granted Colenzo might also have some magic resistance. However if one
were to also incorporate said magic resistance into the mathematical
equaiotion and given level 20ish conviction, does it not seem like
something is wrong, whereas Colenzo did not lose his immunity to fire?

Something seems amiss here.

I am not convinced about Conviction in the THrone Room.

Orion Ryder

Orion Ryder wrote:
> Fact: The Throne Room exists in Nightmare
>
> Fact: Colenzo (Minion Boss #1) is immune to Fire
>
> Fact: Level 20ish Conviction lowers resist of opponents by 125%
>
> Fact: The highest Fire Resist that Colenzo could have is 150%
>
> Fact: 150 - 125 = 25

Hi long time ago some1 said how necro curses like amp dam and decrep
only work like 12% on immunes so if conviction is like that then it
would only do 12% of 125 on colenzo's fire immune and that wouldnt be
enuff to break it if his immune is 150 thats why it can break other
immunes if their immune just 100 or low enuff that 12% of 125 can make
it go lower than 100.

Kaytie

Hi Kaytie,

I guess what you and Shiflet wrote have "convinced" me that
"Conviction" is not as "convincing" as it sounds, at least not with
bosses and super-uniques

Orion Ryder

"Orion Ryder" <orionryder@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Okay so now all the facts have been presented. Did I miss any? I don't
> think so.

Actually, you did...

Fact: Conviction(and Amp, and Lower Resist, and Decrep) only works at 20%
effectiveness against monsters with over 100% or greater immunity.
Fact: Lvl 20 Conviction will only reduce the immune monster's resistance by
25.
Fact: Warped Shaman in NM difficulty have a base fire resistance of 100%
Fact: Colenzo is a Warped Shaman, and is also Fire Enchanted.
Fact: The Fire Enchanted boss mod adds an extra 75% fire resistance.
Fact: NM Colenzo has 175% fire resistance.
Fact: 175-25=150% fire resistance=still immune to fire.

"Kaytie" <kaytiekat@aol.com> wrote in message
> Hi long time ago some1 said how necro curses like amp dam and decrep
> only work like 12% on immunes

20% actually, but you are correct Kaytie.

> Kaytie

Well, most conviction pallies will be using more than just fire. And
there is also the fact that it lowers defence by 90% at lvl 25 (about).
That means you will be hitting 95% of the time. That aspect is usually
forgotten about conviction but for mele types, is a big thing,
especially against bosses and super-uniques.

Not to mention the other wonderful things about Conviction.