Apr 14, 2002
I need a mainboard with the following specifications:

NForce 2 based
No IGP
Good audio - soundstorm certified
Good northbridge cooler - able to mount a good cooler
As many goodies as possible eg ethernet sata -good package

MOST IMPORTANTLY
I need a cpu socket that is clear of all obstructions, no capacitators or anything that will interfere with the mounting of my classic SuperG vapor phase cooler. The cooler was originally intended for use with a slot A cpu so mounting it will be difficult as it is.

I would like it if the mainboard made use of the third row of screws in the case for extra stability though I plan on mounting it in a custom case. I would also stress that it must be a capable overclocker. The atx power connector should also be as far from the cpu socket as possible in a conveniant location. Condensation will be a problem and I want the area near the cpu as free as possible.

I would very much like your advise on this matter. Thanks in advance.

Treat your body like a $600 car. God didn't intend it to last so use it. Run it into the ground!

Penfold

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2002
I have a ABIT NF7-S with out IGP, pritty happy with it but If I was buying now I would go for version 2 of this board.
It fits your spec.

P :)

papasmurf

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2002
perfect layout, exactly the features I wanted... I love it. I'll just have to make certain I get the rev.2 board as the earlier ones seem horribly buggy. Thanks for the suggestion, the nf7-s is now a candidate.

Treat your body like a $600 car. God didn't intend it to last so use it. Run it into the ground!