Sign in with
Your question

Windows 2003 file server sub folders permmision

Last response: in Business Computing
January 15, 2013 11:19:26 AM

Here is the problem

I have folder that have name Share and its share to all
In that folder i have sub folders A1, A2, A3...

In active directory i have organization groups accounting, managment etc...

I wont to disable for all groups write and modifed in folder Share but allow in sub folders A1 A2 A3... to have write and modife.

How could i do that ?
January 15, 2013 11:41:18 AM

set the permission on each folders.
January 15, 2013 11:49:51 AM

I did tried but dont work.

I set permision on folder Share to everyone read and on security card i configured domain users read, list, execute.

On folder A1 B1 C1 i added in security cards groups sales, account permision to write but dont work

Need some expert help guys ;) 
Related resources
Anonymous
January 17, 2013 8:16:49 AM

You need to set the share permissions to read/write, when accessing file/folders from a network share the most restrictive permissions apply.

Share perms + ntfs perms = most restrictive perms apply.
------(R)-------------(R/W)--------------------(R)--------------------
January 17, 2013 11:39:50 AM

Normally subfolders are set to inherit permissions from their parent, this needs to be disabled first.

Select folder and right click -> Properties -> Security (tab) -> Advanced -> Permissions (tab) -> "Change Permissions..." (button)
Remove tick from "Include Inheritable permissions from this object's parent...". You can either keep the permissions, and edit them to your liking, or set completely new ones a this point.
Don't forget to Apply/OK
May 22, 2014 6:47:13 PM

hello..i have this problem too but then i guess i solved it by sharing folders using SMB protocol by clicking..

start>administrative tools>click on share and storage management

everything is there..you should just change other permissions..
!