How do I NOT print web page backgrounds?

When I print off a web page, if that page has a black background, it is very
costly in terms of ink.
I know I can change the settings somewhere, but can anyone tell me where I
can do this?
I've tried the printer settings, but can't find anything appropriate.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks Chrisss.......

I haven't had to do this myself, but I believe this will work: Open IE and
go to Tools - Internet Options - Advanced tab - remove the checkmark from
'Print background colors and images'.

Modem Ani

"Chrisssssss........." <chris@newsgroupinfo.wanadoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> When I print off a web page, if that page has a black background, it is
very
> costly in terms of ink.
> I know I can change the settings somewhere, but can anyone tell me where I
> can do this?
> I've tried the printer settings, but can't find anything appropriate.
> Any help appreciated.
> Thanks Chrisss.......

A thousand thank you's.
Your advice below is just what I wanted.
Thanks again.
Chrissss......