Battery icon vanished from sys tray -- HELP

The battery and AC power icons vanished from the sys tray. Is there a
way to get them to display again?

I should have added in my original question that the option is checked
in Control Panel / Power Options / Advanced / "always show icon on the
task bar". Nevertheless, the icons have vanished. They've done this
before, and then they miraculously reappear as if they had simply gone
to the beach for the weekend and have now returned. Currently, they're
AWOL again. Is there a legitimate reason for their on-again, off-again
display?

scot

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, it didn't work. But I did notice
something strange: When clicking on "Customize," the list of icons
shows (1) a "Folder" icon with the label "61% remaining (charging),"
and (2) the normal "AC Power" icon with the label "Clipboard." -----
Both items are in the PAST ITEMS group, and both items are set for
"Always show."

I rebooted, but the icons for the power options are still not
displaying.

Any thoughts?

See if this helps:
Right-click a blank area on the TaskBar, click Properties> Taskbar tab. Click the
Customize button to adjust the settings for your Power Options notification area
icon, which may be disapppearing and reappearing due to the "Hide inactive icons"
option being enabled.
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

<greatscotinla@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I should have added in my original question that the option is checked
> in Control Panel / Power Options / Advanced / "always show icon on the
> task bar". Nevertheless, the icons have vanished. They've done this
> before, and then they miraculously reappear as if they had simply gone
> to the beach for the weekend and have now returned. Currently, they're
> AWOL again. Is there a legitimate reason for their on-again, off-again
> display?

See if the info here helps you --
Systray Icons Missing:
http://www.michna.com/kb/WxSystray.htm