MSI KT3 Ultra + AMD Athlon XP 2000

Glasswalker

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2003
I have the above motherboard and CPU, however I have a problem with my machine in that it will only boot into Windows if the Motherboard is set (in the bios) to an Athlon 1250. Trying to get into windows when it is correctly set to an XP 2000 (133 MHZ bus speed), it hangs, just as it is loading Windows. I have 2 DDR 333mhz chips in, I've tried it with either on and it still doesn't work.

Short of getting a new board does anyone have any suggestions?

TheMASK

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2003
is this a new set up or r u getting problems all of a sudden (from an old set up)? tried a newer BIOS? Try to set the CPU FSB and memory settings to manual (FSB - 133, Memory - 266 or 333)

But, have u checked the power supply? more often that not, its the power supply that needs to be changed.

If sometimes you feel little, useless, offended or depressed or get that loser feeling, always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm out of hundreds of millions...

Glasswalker

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2003
Yeah, sorry, I should have given you a bit more info. This is a set-up that was working, then the power supply died. Got a new, more powerful PSU (400W), yet the machine will now only boot if set to 1250. I've tried 2 different new PSUs so I'm sure it's not that. I've changed the setting in the bios to 133mhz FSB and it then see's the CPU ok, but won't boot into Windows. I've also tried each dimm seperately (as there are 2 x 333mhz DDRs) but to no avail. I have also tried a newer bios but have the same problem. I shall try changing the memory setting and give that a go.

TheMASK

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2003
yup, u do that. just reset everything to default - the Memory settings and any other "tweaks" u have done to ur BIOS. I hope everything runs fine.

If sometimes you feel little, useless, offended or depressed or get that loser feeling, always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm out of hundreds of millions...