xp administrator

April 10, 2005 3:06:26 AM

Hi,

I some how have 2 user accounts. One "Bert" and the other "Administrator".
The one I have all my info and icons are the one I would like to bring up
when I start. It is Bert. I am the only one using the computer. Can I
change Bert to start instead of the Admin?
Thanks

More about : administrator

April 10, 2005 3:16:37 AM

In news:u9iyVqXPFHA.2144@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
Bert <bertp@monmouth.com> had this to say:

> Hi,
>
> I some how have 2 user accounts. One "Bert" and the other
> "Administrator". The one I have all my info and icons are the one I
> would like to bring up when I start. It is Bert. I am the only one
> using the computer. Can I change Bert to start instead of the Admin?
> Thanks

Press start, click run, type control userpasswords2 and hit enter.

Untick the box about anything that says users must enter a username and
password.

Click apply.

A new window will open, type your username in there (Bert) and if you had a
password fill that in twice and click okay.

Click okay again.

Reboot. It should log you on automatically.

Galen