unable to view all my programs from start menu

amy

Someone please help. After I click on "start" on the bottom left of my
screen, I then click on "all programs" and some programs appear but I cant
view the rest of them because the display ends at the bottom of my computer
screen. It looks like there are more underneath there but I cant figure out
how to get to them. I thought I could use the mouse and scroll with the
wheel but it doesnt do anything. How can I see the rest of my programs? I
could see them all before I dragged one of the programs to the desktop.
Maybe I shouldn't have done that. Also, how can I get this program from the
desktop back into my programs list like it was before? Thanks.

amy

It's me again. I want to clarify something. The program I dragged to my
desktop is still in my "programs", just in a different spot. But I still
cant see all my programs and there is no scroll bar or anything so I can look
down the page. It just disappears into the bottom of my computer screen.
Thanks again to whoever can help me with this.

"Amy" wrote:

> Someone please help. After I click on "start" on the bottom left of my
> screen, I then click on "all programs" and some programs appear but I cant
> view the rest of them because the display ends at the bottom of my computer
> screen. It looks like there are more underneath there but I cant figure out
> how to get to them. I thought I could use the mouse and scroll with the
> wheel but it doesnt do anything. How can I see the rest of my programs? I
> could see them all before I dragged one of the programs to the desktop.
> Maybe I shouldn't have done that. Also, how can I get this program from the
> desktop back into my programs list like it was before? Thanks.

By clicking the arrow at each end of the list of programs. To avoid this...

With the Classic Start Menu, both of these need to be UNChecked.
XP Start Menu doesn't have ? Use Personalized Menus option.

XP Start Menu >>
Right click the Start button | Properties |
Start Menu tab | Customize button | Advanced tab |
Scroll down to and UNCheck:
? Scroll Programs * |
OK | Apply | OK

Classic Start Menu >>
Right click the Start button | Properties |
Start Menu tab | Customize button |
Scroll down to and UNCheck both of these:
? Scroll Programs * |
? Use Personalized Menus **
OK | Apply | OK

[*Specifies whether to display the items on the Programs menu as one long
scrolling menu or as horizontal pages. Depending on your screen resolution,
if you have more than 29 or 38 programs installed, and you select to have
one long scrolling menu, you can access the programs you don’t see
by clicking the arrow at each end of the list of programs.]

[**Specifies whether to turn on Personalized Menus.
Personalized Menus keeps the Programs menu clean by hiding items you haven't
used recently, while still keeping other programs easily accessible. You
can gain access to hidden programs by clicking the down arrow at the bottom
of the Programs menu.]

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:407A2512-CE94-4369-9C74-78496E028288@microsoft.com,
Amy <Amy@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Someone please help. After I click on "start" on the bottom left of my
> screen, I then click on "all programs" and some programs appear but I cant
> view the rest of them because the display ends at the bottom of my
> computer screen. It looks like there are more underneath there but I
> cant figure out how to get to them. I thought I could use the mouse and
> scroll with the wheel but it doesnt do anything. How can I see the rest
> of my programs? I could see them all before I dragged one of the
> programs to the desktop. Maybe I shouldn't have done that. Also, how can
> I get this program from the desktop back into my programs list like it
> was before? Thanks.

amy

Wes, there is no down arrow at the end of my list of programs. It just has
the last program. I have XP and I followed your instructions and the box is
already unchecked. Now what?