Netgear WG602 Firmware Problem?

Hi,

Have recently set up my Netgear WG602 and all was working fine. I upgraded
the firmware (from v1.5.67 to 1.7.15) and the whole thing went crashing
down. I have reset to factory settings on the AP box and the network works
fine. With the exception of being unable to access the AP to change its
settings.

I have pinged the box and it says its on address 192.168.0.227 and it gets
no response but I can however ping other IP's on the same network. If I try
to access the AP via IE (using http://netgear4317ce or http://192.168.0.227)
I get Not Found error.

Any ideas? Has the firmware upgrade knackered something?

Any help greatly appreciated and thanked in advance.
Bazza

I upgraded the firmware last night and I've encountered the same
problem... I have no idea what's wrong with it, but so far these are
the problems I get:
- SLOW access to the web config page
- Inability to access the WAP via http://name_of_WAP
- Inability to browse network drives without explorer.exe crashing; if
successful at a file listing, it takes a VERY long time, then crashes
explorer.exe
- Connection is a little iffy, sometimes cuts, and takes a very long
time to re-establish

Some more info if someone can help:
I'm using a Compaq Presario 1700 laptop connecting via Netgear WG511
PCMCIA NIC (ver. 2.04.06.00 firmware, 2.1.22.00 driver) and the WAP is
of course the WG602 with ver. 1.7.15 firmware)

Prior to this upgrade, I was having problems with the WG511 in
establishing a connection, but other than that EVERYTHING was working
PERFECTLY...

I am incredibly annoyed with this... you'd think two Netgear products
would work properly together now wouldn't you?

Thanks in advance,
Ryan

I fiddled with the settings again and I'm not sure if this will help
you, but I solved all the problems I listed above. I had specified the
IP and when I changed the setting to 'enable DHCP client' ...
magically everything worked. I like knowing what IPs are what, but if
having it working at the cost of knowing its address, well I'm fine
with that heh

Hope that helps!