Netgear WG602 Firmware Problem?

Hi,

Have recently set up my Netgear WG602 and all was working fine. I upgraded
the firmware (from v1.5.67 to 1.7.15) and the whole thing went crashing
down. I have reset to factory settings on the AP box and the network works
fine. With the exception of being unable to access the AP to change its
settings.

I have pinged the box and it says its on address 192.168.0.227 and it gets
no response but I can however ping other IP's on the same network. If I try
to access the AP via IE (using http://netgear4317ce or http://192.168.0.227)
I get Not Found error.

Any ideas? Has the firmware upgrade knackered something?

Any help greatly appreciated and thanked in advance.
Bazza
2 answers Last reply
More about netgear wg602 firmware problem

    I upgraded the firmware last night and I've encountered the same
    problem... I have no idea what's wrong with it, but so far these are
    the problems I get:
    - SLOW access to the web config page
    - Inability to access the WAP via http://name_of_WAP
    - Inability to browse network drives without explorer.exe crashing; if
    successful at a file listing, it takes a VERY long time, then crashes
    explorer.exe
    - Connection is a little iffy, sometimes cuts, and takes a very long
    time to re-establish

    Some more info if someone can help:
    I'm using a Compaq Presario 1700 laptop connecting via Netgear WG511
    PCMCIA NIC (ver. 2.04.06.00 firmware, 2.1.22.00 driver) and the WAP is
    of course the WG602 with ver. 1.7.15 firmware)

    Prior to this upgrade, I was having problems with the WG511 in
    establishing a connection, but other than that EVERYTHING was working
    PERFECTLY...

    I am incredibly annoyed with this... you'd think two Netgear products
    would work properly together now wouldn't you?

    Thanks in advance,
    Ryan

    I fiddled with the settings again and I'm not sure if this will help
    you, but I solved all the problems I listed above. I had specified the
    IP and when I changed the setting to 'enable DHCP client' ...
    magically everything worked. I like knowing what IPs are what, but if
    having it working at the cost of knowing its address, well I'm fine
    with that heh

    Hope that helps!

Firmware Netgear Wireless Networking