Program to limit User's time on the computer?

April 11, 2005 1:17:23 AM

Anonymous
April 11, 2005 1:17:24 AM

ive seen ads on tv that parents can install, i think it was the pax network

"The Subject ®" wrote:

Anonymous
April 11, 2005 10:27:50 AM

Hi,

There isn't one native to WinXP, but most routers now can be configured to
allow 'net access at only specific times. This would allow them to continue
doing legitimate work, like writing school papers, but disallow access to
the outside world.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"The Subject ®" <The_Subject@the.village.com> wrote in message
news:D Jg6e.1061$dT4.154@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...

April 12, 2005 5:35:34 AM

I saw that on a new Linksys Router. However, it seems to work for other
computers using the router. I need one that I can set for different times
for different users on the SAME computer.

Any extra advice would be a great help.

TS

--

Due to large amount of spam mail as well as personal security, please
respond directly to this newsgroup. Encrypted Messages, using PGP can be

PGP Security Key: 0xB093E95A (I no longer use the key - 0xE0685B4D)
> Hi,
>
> There isn't one native to WinXP, but most routers now can be configured to
> allow 'net access at only specific times. This would allow them to
> continue doing legitimate work, like writing school papers, but disallow
> access to the outside world.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "The Subject ®" <The_Subject@the.village.com> wrote in message
> news:D Jg6e.1061$dT4.154@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...

Anonymous
April 12, 2005 10:44:34 AM

Hi,

Well, yes, the router solution is limited in that way. This would require a
seperate utility installed on the machine that would allow you per-user
control. While I don't have any specific recommendation for it, NetNanny can
do what you are asking: www.netnanny.com, but keep in mind that the young
crowd are pretty good at finding ways of circumventing any controls put in
place.

--

!