Auto disconnect ISDN connection does not work in XP!!

HarrY

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi all!

I am new to two things: Win XP and a new 64K ISDN telephone line.

While I used XP and a normal modem (I was amazed to find that the Duxbury
128000BPS USB ISDN TA-thing is not a modem but some network device, whatever
this entails!), I was always prompted to disconnect when the programs using
the internet (be it IE or Outlook Express) was closed.

I could then at least remember to do it.

Since this ISDN thing, I have been running up telephone bills because it
never prompts me to disconnect even when a previously used program is closed.

Why, too, does it not disconnect after the time specified in my dial up
settings?

Truly baffled (and frustrated!)

Please help me?

Kindest possible regards

Harry Fröhlich
Bethlehem
South Africa

Gordon

Harry wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I am new to two things: Win XP and a new 64K ISDN telephone line.

Do you not have un-metered access in SA?

Gordon Burgess-Parker
Director
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

HarrY

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Gordon" wrote:

> Harry wrote:
> > Hi all!
> >
> > I am new to two things: Win XP and a new 64K ISDN telephone line.
>
> Do you not have un-metered access in SA?
>
> --
> Interim Systems and Management Accounting
> Gordon Burgess-Parker
> Director
> www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

HarrY

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi Gordon!

If un-metered means unlimited time available on the telephone line, then No,
I do not, although, at a cost, there is something like that available.

Since the post, I found a thread where Kelly answered a slightly different
question, but which ended up (it would seem!) answering mine.

I changed the settings in my
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\RemoteAccess\Profile\"Connection Name"\EnableExitDisconnect
to 01000000 from 00000000 and suddenly my disconnect if idle AND disconnect
when closing a program started working!

Thanks for the reply, though!

Kindest possible regards

Harry