Bios update A7N8X

Looking for a little help here i currently have Rev 1.04 and am trying to update bios and have followed the instructions in the manual using the flash utility i downloaded the new bios to my floppy and rebooted like it says if i leave floppy in drive and and at post screen hit <Alt> <F2> like it says it just freezes there if i reeboot with floppy out of drive and hit alt F2 it goes into the flash utility but under message it says source file not found and doesnt let me do anything except reboot, as u can tell im new to flashing the bios any info on this would really be appreciated
5 answers Last reply
More about bios update a7n8x
  1. I have the same board and i flashed the bios with asus update utility. It worked just fine for me.

I found the meaning of life!!! It was hiding in a box of cereal.
  2. To update the bios for the A7N8X boards from dos, the update utility and new bios must be in the root directory of your hard drive.It will not work from a floppy, safer that way anyhow. So boot to a: then go to c: .Its not too bad really.
  3. Simply install the utility from Asus' CD for updating the BIOS. It's a window app so it can't get any easier than that.
  4. I would like to update the bios on my a7n8x board but I'm not exactly sure where to find the revision (1.04 etc). I assume it shows on the screen as the bios is booting but the info appears for just a moment and then I get the xp logo. Anyone know how to slow this down or if there's another place to look for it? Any help would be appreciated.

A7n8x dlx G Bios Agressive settings
    xp1700 Paly W 2x 256 Crucial 2700@ cl 2.5
    Ge Force2/WD 60gig w 8mb Cache @ 7200

"There is no magic server pixie dust."
  5. One easy way to find your board's revision is to read it somewhere between the PCI slots. Between the 2nd and the 3rd PCI slots (I think) there is "A7N8X" written in big letters. Next to it, in very very very small letters the revision is printed, which it should be either 1.04, 1.60 or 2.00.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards BIOS Floppy Disk