Any interest in a USWest SCL yard sale?

Perhaps in the next week or so...

--
If in doubt, hit with axe.

"Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
news:1hbka159hsrh3ft760jse6948goe8s8qav@4ax.com...

> Perhaps in the next week or so...

Oh God yes. Especially if I can get both computers running by then. Damn
integrated graphics card messing me around again...

--
CLans, Jabber, Whatever
Who's Da Bitch NOW

I think it was Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz> that wrote
something like...

>Perhaps in the next week or so...

Well, I would have preferred around about now, but I might be able to
keep squeezing stuff in until next weekend.

Ashen Shugar
The moon by day, and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
Let the Lord of Chaos rule!

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 00:23:05 GMT, "Chris Lansdell"
<clansdell@your.nf.clothes.sympatico.ca> wrote:

>"Stephen van Ham" <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
>>
>> Perhaps in the next week or so...
>>
>Oh God yes. Especially if I can get both computers running by then. Damn
>integrated graphics card messing me around again...
heh. that'll give me an opportunity to dump off more of my ladder
stuff before more of my characters get nailed by that bug. I lost 2
accounts worth of non ladder characters, not that I care. I play CE
exclusively now.

Robert Klemic

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz>,
supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

>Perhaps in the next week or so...

Does next Saturday at 5 PM PST work for people?

--

> Long ago, in the world without shrimp, Stephen van Ham
> <svanham@xtra.co.nz>,
> supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:
>
>>Perhaps in the next week or so...
>
> Does next Saturday at 5 PM PST work for people?

8 EST, 9:30 Newfie Time...sure.

--
CLans, Jabber, Whatever
Who's Da Bitch NOW
Someone should put up a sign, or something
(Remove your clothes to email)

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz>,
supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

>Perhaps in the next week or so...

We apparently have just three people interested in a yard sale for next
Saturday at 5 PM PST? Given the effort required to keep the game open
(especially with bnet as cranky as it is these days), unload mules, re-store
unclaimed items again at the yard sale end, etc, this doesn't really sound
like justification for having one.

--
Rakanishu!

I think it was Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz> that wrote
something like...

>Long ago, in the world without shrimp, Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz>,
>supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:
>
>>Perhaps in the next week or so...
>
>We apparently have just three people interested in a yard sale for next
>Saturday at 5 PM PST? Given the effort required to keep the game open
>(especially with bnet as cranky as it is these days), unload mules, re-store
>unclaimed items again at the yard sale end, etc, this doesn't really sound
>like justification for having one.

Well, I'd be tempted to go ahead anyway and if b.net ends up
swallowing most of it, well, it's not like I was planning on using it
anyway.

I think you're talking about 11am Sunday my time which I shouldn't
have any trouble making, so I'd be able to keep one computer in game
all the time at the least. Won't help if B.Net get's really narky,
but if I'm going in and out with my other computer, I'd be able to see
when b.net decides the game's full even when it's not.
*shrug*
Possibly open a game and see who shows up before bothering to start
dropping stuff?

While pondering glazed doughnuts Ashen Shugar <deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au> mistakenly typed
:
: I think it was Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz> that wrote
: something like...
:
:>Long ago, in the world without shrimp, Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz>,
:>supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:
:>
[...]

I'd be interested in joining as I've been away from Bnet for a while and
could use a little pick me up. The thing is I'm moving Friday and I'm unsure
about whether I'll even have a connection setup let alone have my computer
unpacked. Well, if I can I'll drop in, otherwise perhaps next time.
-dave

I think it was Dave Ryan <dryan@visi.com> that wrote something like...

>While pondering glazed doughnuts Ashen Shugar <deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au> mistakenly typed
>:
>: I think it was Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz> that wrote
>: something like...
>:
>:>Long ago, in the world without shrimp, Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz>,
>:>supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:
>:>
>:>>Perhaps in the next week or so...
>:>
>:>We apparently have just three people interested in a yard sale for next
>:>Saturday at 5 PM PST? Given the effort required to keep the game open
>:>(especially with bnet as cranky as it is these days), unload mules, re-store
>:>unclaimed items again at the yard sale end, etc, this doesn't really sound
>:>like justification for having one.
>:
>: Well, I'd be tempted to go ahead anyway and if b.net ends up
>: swallowing most of it, well, it's not like I was planning on using it
>: anyway.
>:
>: I think you're talking about 11am Sunday my time which I shouldn't
>: have any trouble making, so I'd be able to keep one computer in game
>: all the time at the least. Won't help if B.Net get's really narky,
>: but if I'm going in and out with my other computer, I'd be able to see
>: when b.net decides the game's full even when it's not.
>: *shrug*
>: Possibly open a game and see who shows up before bothering to start
>: dropping stuff?
>
>I'd be interested in joining as I've been away from Bnet for a while and
>could use a little pick me up. The thing is I'm moving Friday and I'm unsure
>about whether I'll even have a connection setup let alone have my computer
>unpacked. Well, if I can I'll drop in, otherwise perhaps next time.
>-dave

Well hell, don't need no yard sale for a pick me up. If ya ever see
me online give me a yell and I'll dump as much stuff on you as I can
get you to take!

:>:
:>:>Long ago, in the world without shrimp, Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz>,
:>:>
:>:
[...]

Thanks for the offer. I'll take you up on it when I'm all setup again at my
new place.
-dave

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au (Ashen
Shugar), supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

>Possibly open a game and see who shows up before bothering to start
>dropping stuff?

Okay, sounds like a plan.

--
Rakanishu!

On 15-Jun-2005, Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote:

> >Possibly open a game and see who shows up before bothering to start
> >dropping stuff?
>
> Okay, sounds like a plan.

Hmm... 7:00pm CST on a Saturday night? Hey, why not, not like I have a RL
or anything to get in the way.
What will the game name/pw be?
--
Not 1337.

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname>,
supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

>On 15-Jun-2005, Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote:
>
>> >Possibly open a game and see who shows up before bothering to start
>> >dropping stuff?
>>
>> Okay, sounds like a plan.
>
>Hmm... 7:00pm CST on a Saturday night? Hey, why not, not like I have a RL
>or anything to get in the way.
>What will the game name/pw be?

Yes, it's tricky, because if I make it on Sunday, it's Monday for some parts
of the world, which makes attendence tricky. Make it during the week, and
people don't turn up for it because they're tired from work, and it's
difficult to make the yardsale too much earlier in the day, because some parts
of the world it's far too early to attend. Got an alternate time suggestion?

--
Rakanishu!

On 15-Jun-2005, Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote:

> Yes, it's tricky, because if I make it on Sunday, it's Monday for some
> parts
> of the world, which makes attendence tricky. Make it during the week,
> and
> people don't turn up for it because they're tired from work, and it's
> difficult to make the yardsale too much earlier in the day, because some
> parts
> of the world it's far too early to attend. Got an alternate time
> suggestion?

No, no, that time is ok with me, as I said, I don't have a RL outside of
this game so all I have to do is remember, which is not always easy for
those of us with CRS. But, you did not answer my question regarding the
game name and pw, is it going to be the usual agd/agd or something else
like yardsale/comeandgetit?
--
Not 1337.

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, Dave Ryan <dryan@visi.com>, supreme
ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

>I'd be interested in joining as I've been away from Bnet for a while and
>could use a little pick me up. The thing is I'm moving Friday and I'm unsure
>about whether I'll even have a connection setup let alone have my computer
>unpacked. Well, if I can I'll drop in, otherwise perhaps next time.

Okay, we'll see what we can do then. The hard part is trying to pick a time
that works for most people, given the varying timezones.

--
Rakanishu!

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au (Ashen
Shugar), supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

>>I'd be interested in joining as I've been away from Bnet for a while and
>>could use a little pick me up. The thing is I'm moving Friday and I'm unsure
>>about whether I'll even have a connection setup let alone have my computer
>>unpacked. Well, if I can I'll drop in, otherwise perhaps next time.
>>-dave

>Well hell, don't need no yard sale for a pick me up. If ya ever see
>me online give me a yell and I'll dump as much stuff on you as I can
>get you to take!

Yes, or alternatively, post a thread of planned builds, and people may offer a
few starter bits and pieces. The thing is, since very few people ever post
what builds they're working on (other than short, Jabber and I) people just
never know what gear to save for others.

--
Rakanishu!

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, Dave Ryan <dryan@visi.com>, supreme
ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

>: Well hell, don't need no yard sale for a pick me up. If ya ever see
>: me online give me a yell and I'll dump as much stuff on you as I can
>: get you to take!

>Thanks for the offer. I'll take you up on it when I'm all setup again at my
>new place.

Incidently, do you have the password for agdpub? (if not, I can see it to
you). I don't know how actively people have been putting gear on there, but
if I know what builds you're going to work on, I can start putting suitable
bits and pieces on there for you to pick up.

--
Rakanishu!

While pondering glazed doughnuts Stephen van Ham <svanham@xtra.co.nz> mistakenly typed
:
[...]

Well I'd like to restart a Blizzard sorc for one seeing as I lost my original
blizzard sorc that was my first cchar with D2 due to inactivity.

I'm also interested in trying out another assassin although I haven't really
decided on a build. I've built a number of them in the past that always
turned out to be multipurpose. I've seen lots of posts on various assassin
builds that I'll have to go review to see what I want to try. I typically
have a pretty good connection so handling the charge ups isn't a problem if I
want to make a kicksin of some sort.

I'll have to think about it for a bit and plan a few builds. :)

and thanks for the reply and offer of assistance.

and nope, I don't have the agdpub pw. If you send it to me that would be
nice. I'm sure I'll end up putting more on it than taking. At least in the
long run. :)
-dave
-dave

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname>,
supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

>No, no, that time is ok with me, as I said, I don't have a RL outside of
>this game so all I have to do is remember, which is not always easy for
>those of us with CRS. But, you did not answer my question regarding the
>game name and pw, is it going to be the usual agd/agd or something else
>like yardsale/comeandgetit?

I usually use something OTHER than agd/agd, as doing a yardsale inside the
normal agd game can lead to confusion if people are also doing their normal
muling tasks there too.

So, most likely the game name and password will be agdfreecrap///agd, but that
will be announced closer to the day, or on the day (or both).

--
Rakanishu!

Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz>,
supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and flopped and said:

>What time is that for us Stephen? Not sure if I'll attend but my mules could
>do with some rationalising. (Read: emptying out a bit).

Midday Sunday for us. We could maybe push it back one hour, maybe two,
although I don't know how Ash feels about attending a yardsale that starts at
8 AM or earlier on a Sunday for him.

--
Rakanishu!

Stephen van Ham held her like they did by the lake on Naboo, while posting
tjq1b15c6o450rd11hvikob7h8pp699vj2@4ax.com to this Interweb chatroom:

> Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "~misfit~"
> <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz>, supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and
> flopped and said:
>
>> What time is that for us Stephen? Not sure if I'll attend but my
>> mules could do with some rationalising. (Read: emptying out a bit).
>
> Midday Sunday for us. We could maybe push it back one hour, maybe
> two, although I don't know how Ash feels about attending a yardsale
> that starts at 8 AM or earlier on a Sunday for him.

This time is about perfect for me, 9:30 Newfie time. Seeing as how I'm up to
I think 9 accounts now, there's gonna be a large pile dropped.
Suggestion: Have 2 games up from the start. If we can get someone to keep an
empty mule in each game, when the inevitable game full or Realm Downs
happen, we'll be set.

--
Convention says my name, along with a witticism or poignant quote, should go
here.

I think it was "Chris Lansdell" <lansdellicious@gmail.com> that wrote
something like...

>Stephen van Ham held her like they did by the lake on Naboo, while posting
>tjq1b15c6o450rd11hvikob7h8pp699vj2@4ax.com to this Interweb chatroom:
>
>> Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "~misfit~"
>> <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz>, supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and
>> flopped and said:
>>
>>> What time is that for us Stephen? Not sure if I'll attend but my
>>> mules could do with some rationalising. (Read: emptying out a bit).
>>
>> Midday Sunday for us. We could maybe push it back one hour, maybe
>> two, although I don't know how Ash feels about attending a yardsale
>> that starts at 8 AM or earlier on a Sunday for him.
>
>This time is about perfect for me, 9:30 Newfie time. Seeing as how I'm up to
>I think 9 accounts now, there's gonna be a large pile dropped.
>Suggestion: Have 2 games up from the start. If we can get someone to keep an
>empty mule in each game, when the inevitable game full or Realm Downs
>happen, we'll be set.

Unfortunately, it looks like I won't be able to be around after all.
My parents are in the process of moving house, so I imagine most of
sunday I'll helping unload stuff and unloading a couple of loads of
hay bales and helping prepare the ground for a water trough and other
assorted fun.

: (