Sign in with
Your question

Low FPS in Oblivion

Last response: in Video Games
June 29, 2009 10:27:33 PM

Hey there I recently got a new laptop and I wanted to try out oblivion, since I played it on my old desktop before. The problem is I seem to have even lower FPS compared to my old system. My desktop used windows XP and only had Pentium D @ 2.8 Ghz with A Radeon HD 2600 PRO, and 1 GB Ram compared to my current Laptop which has Windows Vista 32 bit Home Premium Edition, Intel Core 2 duo @ 2.00 Ghz, 3 GB of RAM, and Mobility Radeon HD 4570. On my desktop I was getting around 20-40 fps inside the Imperial City, but on my new laptop I only get around 20-30. I've tried all the tweaks that I've seen and I still can't solve the problem. Am I missing something?

More about : low fps oblivion

June 30, 2009 11:15:30 AM

It's a laptop trying to run Oblivion, of course it's going to be slow.
It's a laptop running Vista, of course it's going to be really slow!!
It's a laptop running Vista and Oblivion! It works at all?????!!!!!!

Sorry if that's news to you :(  its not much help.

Have you got all the latest drivers? hardware and vista(yes) defragged the Hdd (yes). Installed the latest oblivion patch? (yes) turned the detail down to nothing? (yes) turned sound to crap? (yes).

Gone in to the config files and turned even more things off - for both Oblivion and Vista?
Still going slow?? Go to the shop and thump the sale guy.
June 30, 2009 5:36:55 PM

Wierd, I can run Prototype just fine using medium settings but can't even run Oblivion on the lowest settings. Is the game that cpu intensive?
!