I want to read my cds that were made on windows 98.
Every time I put this cds on windows xp it shows nothing.

Some one can tell me what should I do
Thank you.
email: richy583@msn.com

"chukrich" <chukrich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I want to read my cds that were made on windows 98.
>Every time I put this cds on windows xp it shows nothing.
>
>Some one can tell me what should I do
>Thank you.
>email: richy583@msn.com

Are they CDR or CDRW disks?

CDRWs can be problematic unless you have the same software installed
in Windows XP as was used to create the disks in Windows 98. And you
need to ensure that the software version is compatible with Windows
XP, or get an updated version.

See the article on CD Burning in Windows XP by the late Alex Nichol
MVP at http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.htm

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--