windows xp from windows 98

I want to read my cds that were made on windows 98.
Every time I put this cds on windows xp it shows nothing.

Some one can tell me what should I do
Thank you.
email: richy583@msn.com

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 08:04:03 -0700, chukrich wrote:

> I want to read my cds that were made on windows 98.
> Every time I put this cds on windows xp it shows nothing.
>
> Some one can tell me what should I do
> Thank you.
> email: richy583@msn.com

What program did you use to create the CDs in Win98? Is that program (an XP
version) installed in XP as well? If the CDs were never finalized for use
on all computers (an option in burning programs), this may be required to
read the data on the disks. If the Win98 system is available, you could go
back to it with the cds and finalize them.

In some cases (where CDRWs were used), you can download a UDF reader from
the software company and use that to access data instead of installing the
entire burning program.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User