Install internal DVD burner

hunt

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2004

Can someone tell me how complicated it is to instal an internal DVD burner in
my computer...can I do it or will I need to take it to an expert?
--
hunt

In news:5B395E4A-DE86-41D5-8A53-600D74989788@microsoft.com,
hunt <hunt@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> Can someone tell me how complicated it is to instal an internal
> DVD
> burner in my computer...

Typically, installing any IDE drive, DVD or any other kind, is
easy, and takes only a few minutes. You open up the case and do
the following:

1. Set the jumper on the drive (and on any other drive on the
same IDE cable) according to the instructions.

2. Mount the drive using the four supplied screws

3. Plug in the IDE cable

4. Plug in the power cable.

> can I do it or will I need to take it to an
> expert?

Sorry, I don't know how to assess your skills from where I sit.
You'll have to decide that for yourself. If you've never
installed a drive before, you may want to ask a friend with more
experience to work with you the first time

Please reply to the newsgroup

hunt

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2004

Thanks for the information! Doesn't sound to tough, so I think I'll try it

In news:719C641D-BF11-4813-9C68-7327D9881D1C@microsoft.com,
hunt <hunt@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> Thanks for the information! Doesn't sound to tough, so I think
> I'll
> try it

You're welcome, and good luck.

"hunt" <hunt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can someone tell me how complicated it is to instal an internal DVD burner
> in
> my computer...can I do it or will I need to take it to an expert?
> --
> hunt

How complicated: Not.

Can you do it: Depends. Are you mechanically inclined? Can you read and
follow instructions? If answer to both is yes, then break out the old
computer manual, and the installation manual that comes with your DVD and
have at it. If the answer to either one is no, then I suggest you take it
to a computer shop.

Cajunswabbie

check here
http://www.sharkyextreme.com/hardware/guides/build_computer/6.shtml