Made and Planning, June

MADE:
Druids - Rabies, Fire Elemental, Fire Claws, 2 Wolves
Assassins - Furysin, PS Sin, Kicker
Barbs - Throwbarb, Frenzybarb, Meteor/FB Barb, IK Barb, Horker, Whirlybarb
Sorcs - Too many Enchantresses, Blizz sorc, IK sorc, InvinciSorc, FB/Meteor
sorc, Beekeeper/FOrb
Zons - Zeusazon, Spear Girl, Bowazon
Pally - Frost Zealot (2, one with Voice of Reason), Avenger, Chargeadin,
Conviction Zealot, Undead Hunter, Martyr, Tesladin
Necros - Skellimancer, Poison necro, Melee Necro, Firing Squad,
IggyCorpsePop (IG/CE/Attract/Confuse)

PLANNING:
Druids - Windy, Summoner
Assassin - Trapsin, Tigersin, PoisonSin
Barbs - SpongeBarb, another Throwbarb
Sorcs - Frost Nova/TStorm sorc, Nordress
Zons - Tankazon, all passives
Pally - Another conviction zealot, Smiter, Holy Fire, Ranger
Necros - Boner

NEVER GONNA HAPPEN:
Hammerdin
Standard Zealot

--
CLans, Jabber, Whatever
Who's Da Bitch NOW

    > Barbs - SpongeBarb, another Throwbarb
    <snip-o-rama>

    What pray tell is a SpongeBarb?

    --
    In a World Full of Insanity
    Here I Stand.

    Sliver <SliverREMOVETHIS@personainternet.com> wrote:

    > What pray tell is a SpongeBarb?

    A barb full of absorb damage items?

    "Sliver" <SliverREMOVETHIS@personainternet.com> wrote in message
    >> Barbs - SpongeBarb, another Throwbarb
    > <snip-o-rama>
    >
    > What pray tell is a SpongeBarb?

    Muahahahahahaaaaaa.

    Max Conc, BO/BC/Shout, and whatever mastery I end up using.
    Stormshield and either Vamp Gaze or SoE
    Either Blackthorn's or TGV, depending on whether I used Vamp or SoE.
    Dwarf Star/Raven Frost
    Other items to add life, resists, DR

    The idea is to have maxed resists, 50% physical DR, cold/fire/lightning
    absorb, and DR/MDR. Killing things will be secondary. I have both a
    masteries and a Warcries GC, and hopefully can squeeze in some +skills
    elsewhere. A Seraph's may have to be my ammy in that case, as I don't have
    Mara's. Armor is likely to be Viper, cos I can't remember what skills IK
    armor gives me, and I'm trying to keep my Str reqs down so I can get max
    block and insane life. All this should make him near-impossible to kill.
    Diablo's PLOD, for example, would have its phys dmg component cut in half,
    then reduced by whatever for the DR. The lightning component would be
    reduced by 75%, then by the MDR, then absorbed. If I go Shaftstop for armour
    and use Spirit in a shield, I'll have magic absorb too, AND
    +skills...hmmm...

    --
    CLans, Jabber, Whatever
    Who's Da Bitch NOW
    Someone should put up a sign, or something
    (Remove your clothes to email)

    Long ago, in the world without shrimp, "Chris Lansdell"
    <clansdell@your.nf.clothes.sympatico.ca>, supreme ruler of bunnies, hopped and
    flopped and said:

    >MADE:
    >Druids - Rabies, Fire Elemental, Fire Claws, 2 Wolves
    >Assassins - Furysin, PS Sin, Kicker
    >Barbs - Throwbarb, Frenzybarb, Meteor/FB Barb, IK Barb, Horker, Whirlybarb
    >Sorcs - Too many Enchantresses, Blizz sorc, IK sorc, InvinciSorc, FB/Meteor
    >sorc, Beekeeper/FOrb
    >Zons - Zeusazon, Spear Girl, Bowazon
    >Pally - Frost Zealot (2, one with Voice of Reason), Avenger, Chargeadin,
    >Conviction Zealot, Undead Hunter, Martyr, Tesladin
    >Necros - Skellimancer, Poison necro, Melee Necro, Firing Squad,
    >IggyCorpsePop (IG/CE/Attract/Confuse)

    Are these all in 1.10? If so, it's a decent list. But isn't IggyCorpsePop
    only in his twenties? How many of the above haven't at least gotten halfway
    through hell?

    >PLANNING:
    >Druids - Windy, Summoner
    >Assassin - Trapsin, Tigersin, PoisonSin
    >Barbs - SpongeBarb, another Throwbarb

    Okay, no zerker or pure singer in the list. Fair enough.

    >Sorcs - Frost Nova/TStorm sorc, Nordress

    Hydra, Firewall, Chain Lightning, etc, all seem to be missing from your list.

    >Zons - Tankazon, all passives

    I assume you've covered all the standard bowazon skills, including both cold
    and fire trees in addition to GA/Multi/Strafe? If not, there's some more to
    do there. Done any hybrids (spear/bow or jav/bow)?

    >Pally - Another conviction zealot, Smiter, Holy Fire, Ranger
    >Necros - Boner

    >NEVER GONNA HAPPEN:
    >Hammerdin
    >Standard Zealot

    Hey, don't knock standard zealots, I had a whole line of these in 1.09, hehe.

    And there's a distinct lack of Passion zealots in your list, at the very
    least, assassin, amazon and barbarian.

    It looks like you've done a fair few builds, but it doesn't seem like you've
    anywhere neared exhausted the potential build list, so perhaps we'll have you
    around here for a couple more years at least. :-)

    --
    If in doubt, hit with axe.

    I think it was "Chris Lansdell"
    <clansdell@your.nf.clothes.sympatico.ca> that wrote something like...

    >"Sliver" <SliverREMOVETHIS@personainternet.com> wrote in message
    >>> Barbs - SpongeBarb, another Throwbarb
    >> <snip-o-rama>
    >>
    >> What pray tell is a SpongeBarb?
    >>
    >Muahahahahahaaaaaa.
    >
    >Max Conc, BO/BC/Shout, and whatever mastery I end up using.
    >Stormshield and either Vamp Gaze or SoE
    >Either Blackthorn's or TGV, depending on whether I used Vamp or SoE.
    >Dwarf Star/Raven Frost
    >Other items to add life, resists, DR
    >
    >The idea is to have maxed resists, 50% physical DR, cold/fire/lightning
    >absorb, and DR/MDR. Killing things will be secondary. I have both a
    >masteries and a Warcries GC, and hopefully can squeeze in some +skills
    >elsewhere. A Seraph's may have to be my ammy in that case, as I don't have
    >Mara's. Armor is likely to be Viper, cos I can't remember what skills IK
    >armor gives me, and I'm trying to keep my Str reqs down so I can get max
    >block and insane life. All this should make him near-impossible to kill.
    >Diablo's PLOD, for example, would have its phys dmg component cut in half,
    >then reduced by whatever for the DR. The lightning component would be
    >reduced by 75%, then by the MDR, then absorbed. If I go Shaftstop for armour
    >and use Spirit in a shield, I'll have magic absorb too, AND
    >+skills...hmmm...

    Rising Sun amulet is uber for fire absorb. Red-Ash bathes in fire to
    get her life back. I'm don't believe there's a fire attack in the
    game that can hurt her rather than heal her. The second last pack of
    Baals minions, and the similar pack from Diablo's seal are only
    dangerous to her if they are like extra strong with a might or
    conviction aura and spectral hit and lightning enchanted and all that,
    so that they become 1 hit killers. And then they still need to get
    past her max blocking.

    The choice between Blackthorns and TGV would probably be a matter of
    how lightning damage is dealt. If it's split up over frames like
    firewalls damage, then the Blackthorns would be better. If it comes
    in a single big clump, the TGV wins out.

    Ashen Shugar
    The moon by day, and the sun by night.
    Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
    Let the Lord of Chaos rule!

    After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>
    "Chris Lansdell" <clansdell@your.nf.clothes.sympatico.ca> wrote

    >MADE:
    >Druids - Rabies, Fire Elemental, Fire Claws, 2 Wolves
    >Assassins - Furysin, PS Sin, Kicker
    >Barbs - Throwbarb, Frenzybarb, Meteor/FB Barb, IK Barb, Horker, Whirlybarb
    >Sorcs - Too many Enchantresses, Blizz sorc, IK sorc, InvinciSorc, FB/Meteor
    >sorc, Beekeeper/FOrb
    >Zons - Zeusazon, Spear Girl, Bowazon
    >Pally - Frost Zealot (2, one with Voice of Reason), Avenger, Chargeadin,
    >Conviction Zealot, Undead Hunter, Martyr, Tesladin
    >Necros - Skellimancer, Poison necro, Melee Necro, Firing Squad,
    >IggyCorpsePop (IG/CE/Attract/Confuse)
    >
    >PLANNING:
    >Druids - Windy, Summoner
    >Assassin - Trapsin, Tigersin, PoisonSin
    >Barbs - SpongeBarb, another Throwbarb
    >Sorcs - Frost Nova/TStorm sorc, Nordress
    >Zons - Tankazon, all passives
    >Pally - Another conviction zealot, Smiter, Holy Fire, Ranger
    >Necros - Boner

    You plan your characters?

    --
    no, i didn't forget the 'F's
    http://www.geocities.com/jerk_o2002

    In a parallel universe, Anti-Ashen Shugar said exactly the opposite of:

    > The choice between Blackthorns and TGV would probably be a matter of
    > how lightning damage is dealt. If it's split up over frames like
    > firewalls damage, then the Blackthorns would be better. If it comes
    > in a single big clump, the TGV wins out.

    I don't understand as both have +20 lightning absorb. Now if one had %
    absorb and the other one fixed number absorb, I could see how, but now I
    just don't get it. Must be something else I don't see...

    *-) K.os
    --
    "He imagined for a moment his itinerary connecting up all the dots in the
    sky like a child's numbered dots puzzle. He hoped that from some vantage

    I think it was "K.os" <K.os023@gmail.com> that wrote something like...

    >In a parallel universe, Anti-Ashen Shugar said exactly the opposite of:
    >
    >> The choice between Blackthorns and TGV would probably be a matter of
    >> how lightning damage is dealt. If it's split up over frames like
    >> firewalls damage, then the Blackthorns would be better. If it comes
    >> in a single big clump, the TGV wins out.
    >
    >I don't understand as both have +20 lightning absorb. Now if one had %
    >absorb and the other one fixed number absorb, I could see how, but now I
    >just don't get it. Must be something else I don't see...
    >
    >*-) K.os

    Oops, my bad. Thought TGV was a %.

    Ashen Shugar
    The moon by day, and the sun by night.
    Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
    Let the Lord of Chaos rule!

    In a parallel universe, Anti-Ashen Shugar said exactly the opposite of:

    > I think it was "K.os" <K.os023@gmail.com> that wrote something like...
    >
    >>In a parallel universe, Anti-Ashen Shugar said exactly the opposite
    >>of:
    >>
    >>> The choice between Blackthorns and TGV would probably be a matter of
    >>> how lightning damage is dealt. If it's split up over frames like
    >>> firewalls damage, then the Blackthorns would be better. If it comes
    >>> in a single big clump, the TGV wins out.
    >>
    >>I don't understand as both have +20 lightning absorb. Now if one had %
    >>absorb and the other one fixed number absorb, I could see how, but now
    >>I just don't get it. Must be something else I don't see...
    >>
    >>*-) K.os
    >
    > Oops, my bad. Thought TGV was a %.

    No problem, I just thought there was something I was overlooking.

    *-) K.os
    --

    Chris Lansdell wrote:
    > "Sliver" <SliverREMOVETHIS@personainternet.com> wrote in message
    > >> Barbs - SpongeBarb, another Throwbarb
    > > <snip-o-rama>
    > >
    > > What pray tell is a SpongeBarb?
    > >
    > Muahahahahahaaaaaa.
    >
    > Max Conc, BO/BC/Shout, and whatever mastery I end up using.
    > Stormshield and either Vamp Gaze or SoE
    > Either Blackthorn's or TGV, depending on whether I used Vamp or SoE.
    > Dwarf Star/Raven Frost
    > Other items to add life, resists, DR
    >
    > The idea is to have maxed resists, 50% physical DR, cold/fire/lightning
    > absorb, and DR/MDR. Killing things will be secondary. I have both a
    > masteries and a Warcries GC, and hopefully can squeeze in some +skills
    > elsewhere. A Seraph's may have to be my ammy in that case, as I don't have
    > Mara's. Armor is likely to be Viper, cos I can't remember what skills IK
    > armor gives me, and I'm trying to keep my Str reqs down so I can get max
    > block and insane life. All this should make him near-impossible to kill.
    > Diablo's PLOD, for example, would have its phys dmg component cut in half,
    > then reduced by whatever for the DR. The lightning component would be
    > reduced by 75%, then by the MDR, then absorbed. If I go Shaftstop for armour
    > and use Spirit in a shield, I'll have magic absorb too, AND
    > +skills...hmmm...

    <I think>MDR is calculated before resists I believe. And DR is
    calculated before DR%. Although Battlecry's effects come before.</I
    think>

    Might I suggest using Guardian Angel. Not only will you have higher max
    resists, but there's also the +20% blocking. (i assume you will be
    going for max block).

    My build (which I haven't gotten to yet) for something like this
    goes...

    Swordguard
    Stormshield (Pdiamond)
    Arreats
    Guardian Angel
    Laying of Hands
    Highlords
    Dwarf
    Raven
    TGV
    SS Treks

    ~80 base dex and strength at level 80.

    With use of Battlecry, you don't really need 50%DR from equipment.

    With charms, you could sub in other equipment eg Rising Sun, Hellmouth
    gauntlets, (with 90% Resists, direct absorb is usually better than
    %absorb)

Games Diablo Video Games