T730 Question

Hello,

Perhaps someone can help me with this mystery....

Why is there no icon on this phone for voice mail ? Actually, there is an icon,
but it doesn't "work". Is there a way to turn it on ?

Many thanks,

Irving

The little icon at the top?
Or one of the main menu icons?

If it's the one at the top, go into your voice mail and make
sure notification is turned on.

On 24 Jun 2004 21:39:31 GMT, W874 wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Perhaps someone can help me with this mystery....
>
> Why is there no icon on this phone for voice mail ? Actually, there is an icon,
> but it doesn't "work". Is there a way to turn it on ?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Irving

Go to Settings, Personalize, Home Keys. Then pick one of the Scroll or Soft
Keys and assign the "messages" icon to it.

You can then use the 4-way button to bring up your voice mail boxes.
You can also assign the other keys to bring up other functions you like,
instead of those VZ gave you as defaults.

Thank you to those who responded. In the days of my Nokia phone, it would
always let me know when there were voice mail messages waiting for me, by a
message and icon on the screen. On this Motorola phone, the only way that I
would know if there is v/m waiting for me is to actually call the number, etc.
The manual does mention a screen icon, indicating that there are voice mail
messages waiting, however, it never shows up. On the page showing mesages, it
always has a 0 for voicemail, even though there are some messages waiting.....
in what menu does one turn on "notification"?
May be it's just me, but it seems that on my Nokia phones, (3360), everything
was intuitive, and could be figured out with out consulting the manual. Not so
on the Motorola phone. There are several examples of this, but its a bit of
topic. I wonder if other people feel the same way. Anyways, thanks for your
kind assistance.

***NOT***on the phone

Notification is an option you can toggle on your voice mail
Call your voice mail and go to admin options (I think)
Somewhere in your voice mail menus is a notification options

"W874" <w874@aol.com> wrote in message news:20040624232124.05916.00000658@mb-m05.aol.com...
> Thank you to those who responded. In the days of my Nokia phone, it would
> always let me know when there were voice mail messages waiting for me, by a
> message and icon on the screen. On this Motorola phone, the only way that I
> would know if there is v/m waiting for me is to actually call the number, etc.
> The manual does mention a screen icon, indicating that there are voice mail
> messages waiting, however, it never shows up. On the page showing mesages, it
> always has a 0 for voicemail, even though there are some messages waiting.....
> in what menu does one turn on "notification"?
> May be it's just me, but it seems that on my Nokia phones, (3360), everything
> was intuitive, and could be figured out with out consulting the manual. Not so
> on the Motorola phone. There are several examples of this, but its a bit of
> topic. I wonder if other people feel the same way. Anyways, thanks for your
> kind assistance.

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

This would seem to be a problem with your voice mail settings for your phone
account, not the phone itself. Did you sign up for new service when you got
the T730? Did the Verizon people reset your voice mail options? I have the
T720 and the little voice mail icon (envelope on the top) works fine.

I find the ergonomics and flexibility quite good on these Motorola phones.

Ken

"W874" <w874@aol.com> wrote in message
> Thank you to those who responded. In the days of my Nokia phone, it would
> always let me know when there were voice mail messages waiting for me, by
> message and icon on the screen. On this Motorola phone, the only way that
> would know if there is v/m waiting for me is to actually call the number,
etc.
> The manual does mention a screen icon, indicating that there are voice
mail
> messages waiting, however, it never shows up. On the page showing mesages,
it
> always has a 0 for voicemail, even though there are some messages
waiting.....
> in what menu does one turn on "notification"?
> May be it's just me, but it seems that on my Nokia phones, (3360),
everything
> was intuitive, and could be figured out with out consulting the manual.
Not so
> on the Motorola phone. There are several examples of this, but its a bit
of
> topic. I wonder if other people feel the same way. Anyways, thanks for
your
> kind assistance.

TRENDING THREADS