Outlook Express

April 12, 2005 6:26:02 AM

I can not receive mail. The error message states the POP3 at port 110 can not
be found. I do use a D-Link Ethernet Broadband Router because I have two
computer networked together. I have never been able to receive e-mail on the
newest of the computer added to the network (a Dell Desktop Precision 360
with a Cox cable modem. The email name is the same on both computers. May
this be a big mistake.
If I have left out any important information, please do not me an idiot.
This is all still very new to me and really need help from someone who
remembers just how over whelming and frustrating not having experience feels.

SINODA 1

More about : outlook express

Anonymous
April 12, 2005 11:39:35 AM

Sinoda - Just a couple of questions - have you tried
using dial-up just to see if you can get e-mail from this
computer? What are your anti-virus settings? What are
your firewall settings? I would assume that it could be
firewall related due to the port problem.

Also, are you running SP2?

xfiler

Anonymous
April 12, 2005 8:38:44 PM

Windows version?

Post the complete error message(s) you're receiving.

--
OE6-specific newsgroup:

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (Shell, IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP

!