scanning only part of document

hi there
I have a packard bell diamond 1200 plus scanner
For some reason only parts of my document are scanning
Does anyone know why this is happening?
many thanks
lisa
5 answers Last reply
More about scanning part document

    On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 03:40:01 -0700, lisa wrote:

    > hi there
    > I have a packard bell diamond 1200 plus scanner
    > For some reason only parts of my document are scanning
    > Does anyone know why this is happening?
    > many thanks
    > lisa

    It may be scanning from saved settings. Try a prescan and adjust the
    selection area to include the full document.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    Hi Sharon

    not sure what prescan is! how do i access the settings?

    sorry I know very little about computers
    thank you
    lisa

    On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 06:24:06 -0700, lisa wrote:

    > Hi Sharon
    >
    > not sure what prescan is! how do i access the settings?
    >
    > sorry I know very little about computers
    > thank you
    > lisa

    Open the software for the scanner. Find the menu item to "preview" or
    "prescan" the file. This performs a trial run of the scan and shows what
    will be captured. You will either see an outline that can be dragged and
    resized. Or you will need to access the menus of the program and look for
    settings that relate to the scan area.

    If you are using the built in XP software, launch it from the start menu.
    Hopefully, you'll find similar settings in XP's scanning window. I'm not
    sure what kind of options you get with it as I don't use it. Software that
    comes with a scanner is usually more feature rich and I like those extra
    options.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    You might need to reinstall the drivers. Check here
    http://support.packardbell-europe.com/support/download/itemnr/REFFIUP05380100.asp?c=ap

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    "lisa" <lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > hi there
    > I have a packard bell diamond 1200 plus scanner
    > For some reason only parts of my document are scanning
    > Does anyone know why this is happening?
    > many thanks
    > lisa

    Try making sure that part of the document isn't selected and enlarged. On my
    scanner, if a part of it is selected and enlarged OR not enlarged, it just
    scans the part of the document that is selected.

    "lisa" wrote:

    > hi there
    > I have a packard bell diamond 1200 plus scanner
    > For some reason only parts of my document are scanning
    > Does anyone know why this is happening?
    > many thanks
    > lisa

Packard Bell Document Microsoft Windows XP