Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Problem in COD4, maybe a Motherboard too slow?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
July 6, 2009 4:56:08 PM

Hello!

I have a problem in Call of duty 4. When i play multiplayer in full server i get random fps drops. When server is empty game runs pretty good. Fps drops from 250 to 70 and then go up to 250. After 5 - 15 minutes it drops again.

First i had 9600GT and amd 5400+x2 with M2N-SLI motherboard and i was getting random fps. Then i decided to buy a new GFX and a new CPU but i still have the problem.

PC:
AMD Athlon 7750+x2, 3.1 Ghz OC
3GB ram DDR2 800Mhz
ATI HD 4770 512MB GDDR5
550W PSU
AsusM2N-SLI (with the latest bios)



Do you guys think my motherboard is too slow for the cpu?


PLEASE HELP ME!

More about : problem cod4 motherboard slow

July 6, 2009 5:08:02 PM

And sorry for my bad english... i'm from Slovenia.
July 6, 2009 7:37:41 PM

no it's not the motherboard it's either the processor, graphics card, or sub optimal system configuration
Related resources
July 6, 2009 7:59:16 PM

chris274 said:
Hello!

I have a problem in Call of duty 4. When i play multiplayer in full server i get random fps drops. When server is empty game runs pretty good. Fps drops from 250 to 70 and then go up to 250. After 5 - 15 minutes it drops again.

First i had 9600GT and amd 5400+x2 with M2N-SLI motherboard and i was getting random fps. Then i decided to buy a new GFX and a new CPU but i still have the problem.

PC:
AMD Athlon 7750+x2, 3.1 Ghz OC
3GB ram DDR2 800Mhz
ATI HD 4770 512MB GDDR5
550W PSU
AsusM2N-SLI (with the latest bios)



Do you guys think my motherboard is too slow for the cpu?


PLEASE HELP ME!


Who cares? Its not like it matters 70fps is plenty smooth enough. If anything 250fps sounds implausibly high maybe the FPS counter is the thing at fault here! Its only worth worying about if a) It drops low enough to not feel smooth anymore or b) you want some bragging rights. Anyway anything over 60fos ish is not that noticably different in my opinion, it just means up the quality settings a bit to "abosrb" some unused gpu power til you get back to something round 60 again.
July 6, 2009 8:10:12 PM

Lord-Ilpolazzo said:
Who cares? Its not like it matters 70fps is plenty smooth enough. If anything 250fps sounds implausibly high maybe the FPS counter is the thing at fault here! Its only worth worying about if a) It drops low enough to not feel smooth anymore or b) you want some bragging rights. Anyway anything over 60fos ish is not that noticably different in my opinion, it just means up the quality settings a bit to "abosrb" some unused gpu power til you get back to something round 60 again.

In cod for some reason I can fill the difference it if I have more than 200fps+, however I cannot fill the difference from 60-200fps.
July 6, 2009 9:07:24 PM

michaelmk86 said:
In cod for some reason I can fill the difference it if I have more than 200fps+, however I cannot fill the difference from 60-200fps.


Sounds completely impossible from a logical point of view... but strange stuff happens! I wonder if it is to do with some sort of beat like effect between the actual frame rate and the monitor refresh rate or something.
July 7, 2009 1:09:25 AM

I can feel a big difference when my avg fps in l4d or whatever fps i play, drop below 110. the higher the avg fps obviously the better, if your card avg 60 fps, then it will always drop below that sometimes, which you will notice.
!