Oh the irony... Cryostasis and EVGA GTX 275 SC

SDSUMarcus01

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2009
So I got the parts for my new pc earlier this week and put them together (core i7 920, gtx 275 SC, etc)... and the thing KILLS most games (COD5, L4D, Fallout 3) at 1920x1080 maxed. That is of course except for the game that came for free with the GTX 275 SC, cryostasis.

I pop that sucker in and turn the settings on max expecting to see something great... and I get a whopping 20-30 FPS in this TINY TUNNEL!!! I turn the settings down to medium and get an extra 5 FPS. I'm not even sure I wanna bother playing the game, it's just too depressing.

So does anybody want to tell me WHY they decided to package a game that eats the card alive with the card? It doesn't even look good! I could understand if the game were crysis beautiful but the game's graphics are a joke.

kaby

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009

I was really intrigued by this game and downloaded the demo and I was very disappointed with the performance. I am running a Phenom 9850 Black with 8 GB OCZ Platnium and 2 4850s in crossfire on both 32bit XP and 64bit Windows7. It turns out the biggest issue is that the game apparently only utilizes a single core. I would think a patch would come out to fix this but support on the mfgs site seems sketchy. I am going to mess around with the conf. files and such and see if I can get anything kick started.

SDSUMarcus01

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2009
Well I start playing it (despite the low framerate) and when I actually started to get into it... I run into a game stopping bug. Joy. No patch, nothing. Thank goodness I didn't pay for it.