sammy

I have a laptop running Windows XP Pro. There were 3 accounts on the
system one administrator domain account, a local user account and a
domain user account.

All this was setup from our office in our domain. The laptop is now in
use outside of our domain. And the user has been working on it for 4
days.

The problem is now that the domain user account has vanished. I can't
see it in the user account list or in the administrative user account
tools on the laptop.

But the folder for the account still exits in the document and
settings folder.

Is there a way to recreate this lost domain account? And do you have
an explanation on how an account can be removed in such a way?

"Sammy" wrote:

> I have a laptop running Windows XP Pro. There were 3 accounts on the
> system one administrator domain account, a local user account and a
> domain user account.
>
> All this was setup from our office in our domain. The laptop is now in
> use outside of our domain. And the user has been working on it for 4
> days.
>
> The problem is now that the domain user account has vanished. I can't
> see it in the user account list or in the administrative user account
> tools on the laptop.
>
> But the folder for the account still exits in the document and
> settings folder.
>
> Is there a way to recreate this lost domain account? And do you have
> an explanation on how an account can be removed in such a way?

Domain accounts are created in the domain, not on the local machine. All
you will see on the laptop is the profile folder for the domain account and
nothing else. If you create local accounts on the laptop, those will show up.