Sign in with
Your question

Is this legit?

Tags:
Last response: in Deals
September 15, 2011 12:32:24 AM

Hi, i went and chat with one of the newegg representative about coupon code not going through my purchase. It's the NEWCUSTOMER10. for some reason it always says "This promo code NEWCUSTOMER10 you entered is only available for specific programs."
He said that he will honor it when i gave him the order number after i purchased it and give it back to my original source of payment. Is this legit? Anyone have done this before?

More about : legit

September 16, 2011 4:09:56 PM

Haven't used that particular code since I've used Newegg for quite awhile but their customer service is very good about doing what they say they will do for you so if they said they would credit you then I'm pretty sure they will.
September 16, 2011 10:14:40 PM

How did you chat with them? I only see that you can email them? I needed to live chat with someone at NewEgg as well.
Related resources
September 17, 2011 2:09:48 AM

gnarx said:
How did you chat with them? I only see that you can email them? I needed to live chat with someone at NewEgg as well.

go to contact in their business hours which is 5:30am-5:30pm pst
September 17, 2011 2:25:16 AM

Or you can call them also :

Quote:
Phone

Phone Hours of Operation:
Mon - Fri: 5:30am - 5:30pm PT

Newegg does not accept orders by phone, chat, email, fax or mail. Also, please note that Customer Service can not offer any Sales, Compatibility or Technical Support. For this information, please visit the manufacturers contact page.

Toll Free: (800) 390-1119
Fax: (626) 271-9403
September 28, 2011 3:22:42 PM

byakki said:
Hi, i went and chat with one of the newegg representative about coupon code not going through my purchase. It's the NEWCUSTOMER10. for some reason it always says "This promo code NEWCUSTOMER10 you entered is only available for specific programs."
He said that he will honor it when i gave him the order number after i purchased it and give it back to my original source of payment. Is this legit? Anyone have done this before?

Did you get a response from newegg yet? I did the same thing but they have not refunded me back yet.
October 1, 2011 5:27:08 AM

I bought a Dell E2011H with a $30 promo code, and then bought 2 more later that week and couldn't use the promo code. Chatted with CS and they refunded the promo amount within a few days. I'd imagine they'd do the same for you.
!