Change of Boot.ini file Wont Let Windows Start up

I had originally tried to reinstall windows and changed the boot.ini setting
so it wouldnt give me the option of setup any more. Now windows wont start
up. I did F12 boot set up and a test and it failed Graphics test (error code
1000-0333), DST short status test (error code 1000-0142). Someone help me!
Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about change boot file wont windows start

    Loni, if you have a WinXP CD try using the Recovery Console. For more
    info check here. You will be interested Mainly in
    Bootcfg /scan , Bootcfg /rebuild
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314058

    "Loni" <Loni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I had originally tried to reinstall windows and changed the boot.ini
    >setting
    > so it wouldnt give me the option of setup any more. Now windows wont start
    > up. I did F12 boot set up and a test and it failed Graphics test (error
    > code
    > 1000-0333), DST short status test (error code 1000-0142). Someone help me!
    > Thanks

Boot Microsoft Graphics Windows XP