Diablo & Hellfire: Is there a mod that does the following?

For Diablo and Hellfire is there a mod that activates Search mode and
leaves it on? Or at least gives the search ability to all character
classes as skills? Thank you.

And so it is written, that Mike S. coming to a smoldering
shrub, spake these words:
> For Diablo and Hellfire is there a mod that activates Search
> mode and leaves it on? Or at least gives the search ability to
> all character classes as skills? Thank you.

It has been many years since I played Hellfire or a Hellfire Mod, even
though Hellfire along with Diablo is still on my comp.

The Monk has the Search Spell as an inate skill. and the Bard has
identify.
--
-Wailwulf
http://Wailwulf.home.att.net

dieBestie L35+ Diablo B/net Warrior

:( Expired:
Patriarch dieBestie L99 LOD USAWest Paladin (Offensive)
Slayer derEber L80+ LOD USAWest Ladder Paladin (Offensive)
Slayer dasTier L75+ LOD USAWest Paladin (Defensive)
Slayer VVailwulf L45+ LOD USAWest Druid (Werewolf with Dire Wolf Pack)

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 03:26:57 GMT, "Wailwulf"
<Wailwulf@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> The Monk has the Search Spell as an inate skill. and the Bard has
>identify.

I know that. But after playing Diablo II for so long, I am finding the
lack of an alt function to be frustrating. The ability to actually
*see* what is on the ground should be innate to all classes. Basically
I would like to know if there is some kind of 'automatically highlight
everything' mod or *something* like that for Diablo & Hellfire.

I think it was Mike S. <mike@nowhere.com> that wrote something like...

>On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 03:26:57 GMT, "Wailwulf"
><Wailwulf@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>
>> The Monk has the Search Spell as an inate skill. and the Bard has
>>identify.
>
>I know that. But after playing Diablo II for so long, I am finding the
>lack of an alt function to be frustrating. The ability to actually
>*see* what is on the ground should be innate to all classes. Basically
>I would like to know if there is some kind of 'automatically highlight
>everything' mod or *something* like that for Diablo & Hellfire.

The Mod Mickey was a part of had something along those lines. But it
was a complete mod rather than the more hack like mod you seem to be
looking for. Also, it's been so long that they might have only made
it on scrolls or something. Not sure.

Ashen Shugar
The moon by day, and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
Let the Lord of Chaos rule!

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 03:25:01 GMT, deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au (Ashen
Shugar) wrote:

>The Mod Mickey was a part of had something along those lines. But it
>was a complete mod rather than the more hack like mod you seem to be
>looking for. Also, it's been so long that they might have only made
>it on scrolls or something. Not sure.

Thanks, I will look it up. Hopefully I can find it.

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 17:59:30 +1200, "~misfit~"
<misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote:

>I found that really annoying when I had a bout of playing Hellfire recently.
>Kept pushing <alt>.

Exactly. :)

Mike S. wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 03:25:01 GMT, deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au (Ashen
> Shugar) wrote:
>
> >The Mod Mickey was a part of had something along those lines. But it
> >was a complete mod rather than the more hack like mod you seem to be
> >looking for. Also, it's been so long that they might have only made
> >it on scrolls or something. Not sure.
>
> Thanks, I will look it up. Hopefully I can find it.

Tis called NetherWorld, and I can only take the credit for the planning
and testing, as Frank did the coding.

Mickey

On 13 Jun 2005 12:53:57 -0700, "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote:

>Tis called NetherWorld, and I can only take the credit for the planning
>and testing, as Frank did the coding.

Actually I was able to find this mod with just the Mickey from the

~misfit~ wrote:
> Mickey wrote:
> > Mike S. wrote:

> >> Thanks, I will look it up. Hopefully I can find it.
> >
> > Tis called NetherWorld, and I can only take the credit for the
> > planning and testing, as Frank did the coding.
>
> Any idea if it's available anywhere (safe-relaible) Mickey?

Not sure offhand, but if you can't find it by tomorrow night, I can
post a copy on my site for DLing.

Mickey

Mike S. wrote:
> On 13 Jun 2005 12:53:57 -0700, "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> >Tis called NetherWorld, and I can only take the credit for the planning
> >and testing, as Frank did the coding.
>
> Actually I was able to find this mod with just the Mickey from the

No, just the Diablo-1 version. It spawned a lot of features that were
then incorporated into D2, like magic find, mana regen, sets, etc.

Mickey

P.S. It also was made for version 1.07, iirc

Sliver wrote:
> > P.S. It also was made for version 1.07, iirc
> <snip>
>
> All the good stuff was for 1.07. I think we all (to a certain extent)
> drifted off after that until D2 came out.

I think I even still have the 1.07 patch available. I will be home
tomorrow night around 10pm EST, and I will see what I have and post it
on my site.

Mickey

sliver

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2005

> P.S. It also was made for version 1.07, iirc
<snip>

All the good stuff was for 1.07. I think we all (to a certain extent)
drifted off after that until D2 came out.

--
In a World Full of Insanity
Here I Stand.

After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>
"Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote

>Sliver wrote:
>> > P.S. It also was made for version 1.07, iirc
>> <snip>
>>
>> All the good stuff was for 1.07. I think we all (to a certain extent)
>> drifted off after that until D2 came out.
>
>I think I even still have the 1.07 patch available. I will be home
>tomorrow night around 10pm EST, and I will see what I have and post it
>on my site.

I have a copy of the windows 1.07 patch install if you can't find it
--
no, i didn't forget the 'F's
http://www.geocities.com/jerk_o2002

"Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Sliver wrote:
> > > P.S. It also was made for version 1.07, iirc
> > <snip>
> >
> > All the good stuff was for 1.07. I think we all (to a certain extent)
> > drifted off after that until D2 came out.
>
> I think I even still have the 1.07 patch available. I will be home
> tomorrow night around 10pm EST, and I will see what I have and post it
> on my site.

Mickey's coming home? Just in time for the hurricanes.
Welcome home Mickey

wizofwas