Call of Duty 4; A Few Questions

Hey guys, First off i want to thank you all for taking the time to read this. Ok, So i have Call of Duty 4 for the PC and i play competitively. Im CEVO-P so im very familiar with things but i had a few questions. With the Config i use ingame it definitely enhances my FPS but i know i have only 1 Gig of RAM. If i boost my RAM will it give me more FPS?

Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005

Processor: AMD Athlon™ 64 3500+ Processor (512 KB L2 cache, 2.20GHz, 2000 MHz System Bus), RS480 chipset

Memory: 1024MB DDR (2 x 512MB), Expandable to 4 GB

Hard Drive: 200 GB HDD

Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® 9600 GT

Drives: DVD±RW 16x Multi Format Double Layer

Network Adapter: 10/100Mbps integrated Ethernet LAN

Audio: AC '97 audio, Dolby 5.1 (6-channel), Logitech X-230 2.1 Speakers/Sub

As you can see it is an eMachine T6522 except i have switched out the PSU to a 550WT and GPU to a 9600GT.

So what i am asking is, If i had a Gig or 2 more RAM will it enhance my FPS even more?

Right now i can get 125 Constant on most if not all maps. I can even get 250 Constant on some maps. But what i want is that 250 on ALL maps.

Again Thanks for taking the time to read my post!
2 answers Last reply
More about call duty questions
  1. More Ram would help, but depending on the resolution you play at (I imagine it is rather low) you may be better off upgrading the CPU.

That being said, a compatable CPU (socket 939 i assume) would be difficult to find for a fair price. DDR ram is rediculously cheep on newegg, even though it is quite out dated (another gig would cost you only $30). Not going to find a cheeper upgrade.

You could get a infinitely supperior PC for the winnings from a local COD tournament though, ;)
  2. yes, i know i can and im not worried about that. I am happy with the PC i play on now, i just wish i could get more FPS and have a faster PC. The resolution probably is a NEW CPU, but ill give the RAM a try.
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Call of Duty Video Games