Problem printing with HP Deskjet 3820

OS = XP. Athalon 1050 mhx cpu ASUS K7ada-2BA2 MB, 384 megs Ram, brand
new OS install. Award bios

1.5 year old Deskjet 3820 prints a portion of a page, then spits it
out, starts in on the next page, spits out a partial on it also. This
continues until print job is complete (?)

I sub in a HP 970 Cxi without updating drivers, same cable (parallel)
and it prints perfect!. Hook the 3820 up to my other computer (running
similar OS, more ram), and it prints perfect.

I tried several of the following bios settings, to no avail: EPP1.9,
ECP, ECP+EPP9.1, SPP.

Anyone ever run into something similar to this? Any ideas on how to
fix? This is baffling.

Thanks in advance.

del

>1.5 year old Deskjet 3820 prints a portion of a page, then spits it
>out, starts in on the next page, spits out a partial on it also. This
>continues until print job is complete (?)
>
>I sub in a HP 970 Cxi without updating drivers, same cable (parallel)
>and it prints perfect!. Hook the 3820 up to my other computer (running
>similar OS, more ram), and it prints perfect.
>
>I tried several of the following bios settings, to no avail: EPP1.9,
>ECP, ECP+EPP9.1, SPP.
>
>Anyone ever run into something similar to this? Any ideas on how to
>fix? This is baffling.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>del

If it prints the file without missing anything in between,somewhere wrong
values about paper/border size could be set.Check the
driver/application/spooler settings.
Otherwise you can:
-use USB
-disable the spooler
-somewhere in the driver settings:use RAW files instead of EMF.