For some reason (I didn't ask it to) the text below my icons is highlighted.
Can some PLEASE tell me how to remove this feature. I have tried almost every
menu and webtech for help....HELP.....PLEASE

Could this be drop shadows?
right click My Computer > Properties > Advanced tab,
Under performance click the settings button,
Under visual effects tab, scroll down to "Use drop
shadows for icon labels on the desktop" and check the box.
Drop shadows will make the icon text background the color
of your wallpaper.

Right-click on your desktop and select:

Properties > Desktop > Customize Desktop > Web (tab)
and uncheck "Lock Desktop Items", click OK and APPLY.

Also, check this setting:

Right-click MY COMPUTER and select:
Properties > Advanced > Performance settings >
Visual Effects, place a check next to "Use Drop Shadows
for Icon Labels on the Desktop", then click "apply".

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP