Sound Player file size

When I record a sound through the microphone, the file size seems limited to
60 seconds, but one time it kept recording about 3x that size - how can I get
it to keep going till I want it to stop?

By cutting and pasting a file to bigger than 60 secs. Record 60 secs, Edit - Copy, Edit - Paste Insert (x how many minutes you want), record over the top..

"Jim C" <Jim C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0D058393-B887-465B-9C41-A318DAF79019@microsoft.com...
> When I record a sound through the microphone, the file size seems limited to
> 60 seconds, but one time it kept recording about 3x that size - how can I get
> it to keep going till I want it to stop?

I'm sorry, while I understand your answer a little, I'm not sure I understand
it fully - cut and paste to where? A file?

"David Candy" wrote:

> By cutting and pasting a file to bigger than 60 secs. Record 60 secs, Edit - Copy, Edit - Paste Insert (x how many minutes you want), record over the top..

> "Jim C" <Jim C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0D058393-B887-465B-9C41-A318DAF79019@microsoft.com...
> > When I record a sound through the microphone, the file size seems limited to
> > 60 seconds, but one time it kept recording about 3x that size - how can I get
> > it to keep going till I want it to stop?

Just do exactly what I said. Don't put in extra steps.

"Jim C" <Jim C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:307CBA50-DE3B-4482-8682-86D38AD0AEC7@microsoft.com...
> I'm sorry, while I understand your answer a little, I'm not sure I understand
> it fully - cut and paste to where? A file?
>
> "David Candy" wrote:
>
>> By cutting and pasting a file to bigger than 60 secs. Record 60 secs, Edit - Copy, Edit - Paste Insert (x how many minutes you want), record over the top..
>>
>> --
>>
>> "Jim C" <Jim C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0D058393-B887-465B-9C41-A318DAF79019@microsoft.com...
>> > When I record a sound through the microphone, the file size seems limited to
>> > 60 seconds, but one time it kept recording about 3x that size - how can I get
>> > it to keep going till I want it to stop?

I see said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw - thank you very
much!

"David Candy" wrote:

> Just do exactly what I said. Don't put in extra steps.

> "Jim C" <Jim C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:307CBA50-DE3B-4482-8682-86D38AD0AEC7@microsoft.com...
> > I'm sorry, while I understand your answer a little, I'm not sure I understand
> > it fully - cut and paste to where? A file?
> >
> > "David Candy" wrote:
> >
> >> By cutting and pasting a file to bigger than 60 secs. Record 60 secs, Edit - Copy, Edit - Paste Insert (x how many minutes you want), record over the top..
> >>
> >> --

Since you seem very smart, could you help me with another microphone issue? I
am trying to sing over some kareoke songs I've got - the sound recorder picks
up my voice, but I would like to be able to hear my voice "live" - one source
suggested unmuting the mic, but if the sound recorder is picking it up, I
think it is unmuted - any ideas?

"David Candy" wrote:

> Just do exactly what I said. Don't put in extra steps.

> "Jim C" <Jim C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:307CBA50-DE3B-4482-8682-86D38AD0AEC7@microsoft.com...
> > I'm sorry, while I understand your answer a little, I'm not sure I understand
> > it fully - cut and paste to where? A file?
> >
> > "David Candy" wrote:
> >
> >> By cutting and pasting a file to bigger than 60 secs. Record 60 secs, Edit - Copy, Edit - Paste Insert (x how many minutes you want), record over the top..
> >>
> >> --

You use Volume applet and select Microphone.

"Jim C" <Jim C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:191024C2-027F-4BB2-B61E-D1EEB8665333@microsoft.com...
> Could you help me with another microphone issue? I
> am trying to sing over some kareoke songs I've got - the sound recorder picks
> up my voice, but I would like to be able to hear my voice "live" - one source
> suggested unmuting the mic, but if the sound recorder is picking it up, I
> think it is unmuted - any ideas?
>

> "David Candy" wrote:
>
>> Just do exactly what I said. Don't put in extra steps.
>>
>> --
>>
>> "Jim C" <Jim C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:307CBA50-DE3B-4482-8682-86D38AD0AEC7@microsoft.com...
>> > I'm sorry, while I understand your answer a little, I'm not sure I understand
>> > it fully - cut and paste to where? A file?

Where is the volume applet located?

"David Candy" wrote:

> You use Volume applet and select Microphone.

> "Jim C" <Jim C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:191024C2-027F-4BB2-B61E-D1EEB8665333@microsoft.com...
> > Could you help me with another microphone issue? I
> > am trying to sing over some kareoke songs I've got - the sound recorder picks
> > up my voice, but I would like to be able to hear my voice "live" - one source
> > suggested unmuting the mic, but if the sound recorder is picking it up, I
> > think it is unmuted - any ideas?
> >

> > "David Candy" wrote:
> >
> >> Just do exactly what I said. Don't put in extra steps.
> >>
> >> --

That did it, thanks!

"Jim C" wrote:

> Where is the volume applet located?
>
> "David Candy" wrote:
>
> > You use Volume applet and select Microphone.
> >
> > --
> >
> > "Jim C" <Jim C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:191024C2-027F-4BB2-B61E-D1EEB8665333@microsoft.com...
> > > Could you help me with another microphone issue? I
> > > am trying to sing over some kareoke songs I've got - the sound recorder picks
> > > up my voice, but I would like to be able to hear my voice "live" - one source
> > > suggested unmuting the mic, but if the sound recorder is picking it up, I
> > > think it is unmuted - any ideas?

Next to the clock on the bottom right hand side of the screen (or type sndvol32 in Start Run if you set the volume to be hidden). Open it and choose Options menu - Poperties and select Recording and make sure Mic is selected there as well as in Playback. So Volume has two modes is the point I'm making and you need to adjust mic in both modes.